Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Channel 4: Tesla Roadster (2009-) Review

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The first 250 euro-spec Roadsters have all the trimmings (although the review implies not a top-spec radio, but that might have been down to the old Blaupunkt ones in the prototypes).

It's interesting that they criticise the plasticy interior - those are mainly the British Lotus bits! :redface:

I'm trying to log on there and write a review but the link just takes me to "change your profile" and nothing else. :confused:

I don't know what sort of suspension tuning they are talking about, but I have heard that the standard 'geometry' is set for best efficiency/range, but not optimal for handling. Best range probably also means best tire life as well. Best range vs best handling... For best handling/cornering you do want a little bit of tire scrub to be happening which probably reduces range.

Last edited:
From

Tesla Roadster CAR review | Road Testing Reviews | Car Magazine Online

"The Tesla is set up with no toe-in or wheel camber for maximum efficiency and therefore maximum range..."

And from Autoweek,

"There was no toe dialed into the setup, meaning the wheels and tires were all pointing straight forward to reduce as much rolling resistance as possible. This felt a little strange at first, but the feeling disappeared within a few miles, and the Lotus rack-and-pinion steering felt perfectly fine the rest of the day; it just wandered a little more than usual from on-center."

As far as I know, both toe-in and camber are adjustable. Maybe this is the suspension tuning they are referring to. To learn about camber and toe-in, you can go to this website:

Caster, Camber, Toe