TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Charge bar not full at 100%

Discussion in 'Model S: Battery & Charging' started by max35111, Dec 22, 2015.

1. max35111

max35111 Member

Hi guys,

I charged my 90d for the first time at 100% this weekend and was surprised to see the bar not actually totally filled.
    You can see what I am talking about on the pics attached.

I suspect that's not how bars are filled usually when charged 100%. Did you guys have this problem? You know how to solve it?

00b367934e6f1e8ca9cbc98bd9b48b02.jpg 15df6391b28f332535be45008df895ca.jpg

2. JenniferQ

JenniferQ Member

No idea, but I LOVE the "voyage" vs. our "trip." Sounds more exotic! :smile:

3. Jool

Jool Member

I had the same issue with my 90D at first. I used VisibleTesla and set my charge limit to 100% and that seemed to fix it.

You can also try setting the the charge limit through the phone app instead of the car and see if that works too!

4. thecloud

thecloud As rhythm raced inside, the ship came alive

Change your language setting to French, and... voilà!

5. CHG-ON

CHG-ON Still in love after all these miles

I wonder if the selector was not nudged all the way over. I have only range charged a couple of times and one time I had to fiddle with the selector to get it all the way over to the every end of the bar.

6. max35111

max35111 Member

I will try phone and visible tesla next week when I'll need it full! Thanks for your hekp

7. gimmi80

gimmi80 Member

the selector is not nudge all the way to the right. sometimes it happens. keep sliding it will go all the way or use the iphone app to set it to 100%

8. islandbayy

islandbayy Active Member

Given where you appear to be located, I would imagine it is rather cold.

What you are seeing, is what the CURRENT 100% is. A cold battery, will have a lower "100% Full" then a fully warm one.

Example, usually, my 100% is 263 miles. Once the temps drop, You loose a bit, so now, with the cold weather, my 100% is now about 258 rated miles.

Once the temps drop significantly, you will see a blue sectional bar, which shows specifically how much range has been lost due to low temps. Take a read through your owners manual under the charging section.