Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charge bar not full at 100%

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi guys,

I charged my 90d for the first time at 100% this weekend and was surprised to see the bar not actually totally filled.
You can see what I am talking about on the pics attached.

I suspect that's not how bars are filled usually when charged 100%. Did you guys have this problem? You know how to solve it?

00b367934e6f1e8ca9cbc98bd9b48b02.jpg
15df6391b28f332535be45008df895ca.jpg

I had the same issue with my 90D at first. I used VisibleTesla and set my charge limit to 100% and that seemed to fix it.

You can also try setting the the charge limit through the phone app instead of the car and see if that works too!

Hi guys,

I charged my 90d for the first time at 100% this weekend and was surprised to see the bar not actually totally filled.
You can see what I am talking about on the pics attached.

I suspect that's not how bars are filled usually when charged 100%. Did you guys have this problem? You know how to solve it?
Given where you appear to be located, I would imagine it is rather cold.

What you are seeing, is what the CURRENT 100% is. A cold battery, will have a lower "100% Full" then a fully warm one.

Example, usually, my 100% is 263 miles. Once the temps drop, You loose a bit, so now, with the cold weather, my 100% is now about 258 rated miles.

Once the temps drop significantly, you will see a blue sectional bar, which shows specifically how much range has been lost due to low temps. Take a read through your owners manual under the charging section.