Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charge door not opening

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You have lots of options to open the charge port door if pressing the button on the charger handle does not work.
I usually just press on the charge port door when that happens. For some reason, there are times when the charge handle button gets ignored.

From the manual:
You can also open the charge port door using any of these methods:
  • On the touchscreen, touch Controls and touch the Charge Port icon (lightning bolt).
  • On the touchscreen, navigate to Controls > Charging > Open Charge Port.
  • Press the charge port door when Model X is unlocked or a recognized key is nearby.
  • On the key fob, hold down the rear trunk button for 1-2 seconds.
  • Use voice commands to open the charge port door (see Voice Commands). You can also use voice commands to close the charge port door, and begin or stop charging.

My charge door also does not open like it did pre-update. I have a service call at my house the 26th to fix this issue.
Will probably not be successful. I am pretty sure everyone lost their charge port door with 2022.20.5. I have to use the app. If you carry the fob, a long press of rear hatch button should work, but I haven't tried it.

• Helpful
Reactions: Rocky_H
Latest version and not working, this is quite frustrating. Also same issue on the new Plaid S.

Why does Tesla F with features which are working. Leave working features alone instead of breaking them for gods sake.

My new S Plaid is just an unreliable and now both cars don't work. On the same Software too where it worked prior so it's not a SW issue in my case and the 2 new Gen 3 wall connectors same SW. The HW is just as unreliable as the SW when it comes to Tesla on this issue.

Had 2022 Model X serviced twice at the center and three times with mobile appointment. Antena replaced as well as other parts. Works intermittantly then stops working all together when pressing the charge button. Other methods work fine. Finally learned from Tesal that this is an engineering issue of some cars that meet a unspecified criteria. Description on many of the posts are simular. Uncertain when engineering will fix it or how.

Suddenly stopped working on my 2023MS; will open if I tap the charge port door; haven't tried using the screen control or phone control yet but will check it out today, just to see. I've been so used to opening the charge port (when charging at home) with the wall charger button but this no longer opens the door. I rarely use a supercharger so I don't know if that would be just as futile. 1st world problems, I know but, come on!!

Reactions: theslimshadyist