TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Charge door range

Discussion in 'Model S: Battery & Charging' started by evmile, Aug 23, 2013.

1. evmile

evmile Member

When I was at the Fremont Supercharger I thought I saw a Model S parked two stalls away from me (not in the charging stalls) pop open its charge door when I was pressing the button on the Supercharger to open my charge door. Can anyone else test this?

2. gaswalla

gaswalla P4201/85/airsusp/pano/19i

Yes. I was at the Hawthorne superchargers the day of the battery swap demo. I pushed the button on the supercharger, and the demo car port popped open. It was about 50 feet away.

3. MacLeodMX

MacLeodMX Member

When I picked up my car in Toronto, the demo charger opened the charge port of all 6 cars in the garage. Farthest one was my car about 40 feet away.

4. brianman

brianman Burrito Founder

One of the "party games" at Bellevue's Tesla reserved area is to open all the charge ports by tapping the HPWC button.

"Feed me!" comes to mind.

5. FlasherZ

FlasherZ Sig Model S + Sig Model X + Model 3 Resv

#5 FlasherZ, Aug 25, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2016
    This is what came to mind as I pushed the button at the Normal Supercharger opening and watched as 10 or so Model S's all opened. :)