Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charge Interrupted Notification

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone else not getting a notification when plugged into public charging stations? I get them fine from my HPWC, but if the car is charging elsewhere, I won't. Some jerk unplugged the car today and I didn't get notified. My wife messaged me that someone did it when she noticed the adapter sticking out and the charge door open.

Anyone else not getting a notification when plugged into public charging stations? I get them fine from my HPWC, but if the car is charging elsewhere, I won't. Some jerk unplugged the car today and I didn't get notified. My wife messaged me that someone did it when she noticed the adapter sticking out and the charge door open.

You may want to consider something like this:

CapturePro Charging Lock for Tesla Model 3

If you're handy with 3D modelling, you may be able to DIY this.

You may want to consider something like this:

CapturePro Charging Lock for Tesla Model 3

If you're handy with 3D modelling, you may be able to DIY this.

Hmmm... how sturdy is the charger inside the Model 3? Could someone rip it out in a rage? ;)

An update - we tested it with our non-HPWC and Android receives the notifications when charging is interrupted. Seems iOS isn't getting them. I recall some threads mentioning problems with iOS notifications on the Tesla app but these were quite older threads - I guess Apple folks are still running into some problems.

Hmmm... how sturdy is the charger inside the Model 3? Could someone rip it out in a rage? ;)

I don't know about the sturdiness, I don't have one nor do I plan on getting one. The gizmo was something I ran across while looking for do-dads to put on my wish list for my family as they're looking for stocking stuffers/father's day gift, etc.

I'm not at all affiliated with any vendor.

Also, I am at a loss to predict the consequences of rage-fueled destruction at a charging station. I would much rather that someone unplugged the charge plug and satisfied their urge for mischief, than for someone to want to unplug, not be able to, and destroy something to satisfy their urge.

Reactions: oakvillemike