Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charge Limit Revert back by itself to Pre-Software Update Setting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone,
Looking for some help with a problem I've been having. I recently just received the 2020.24.6.9 software update on my SR+ and afterwards, I've had a strange problem with the charge limit setting for the battery.

I had it set to 80% before the update, but now, whenever I set it to a different level, the car will change it back to 80% within a few minutes while it's charging. i.e. set it to 90% before a trip and it starts charging, but car drops the setting back to 80% by itself and stops charging the vehicle from the wall charger.

Has anyone else had this type of issue before and any suggestions for what i can try?

I've already powered the car on/off a few times in hopes of clearing the error, but it still persists.

Thanks!

Hi everyone, thanks for your suggestions. I'm still not sure what might have been causing the issue, but I reset my Tesla password, logged back in the app and was able to charge it up to my 90% limit again without the setting changing by itself.

Hi everyone, thanks for your suggestions. I'm still not sure what might have been causing the issue, but I reset my Tesla password, logged back in the app and was able to charge it up to my 90% limit again without the setting changing by itself.

Did you ever, at any time, try any of the third party apps like "stats" or "Teslafi" or any other application that interfaces with your tesla like something that interfaces with a watch or anything?

Since it stopped when you changed your password, that means something other than the tesla app was authenticated and changing settings on your account. If you never did that, maybe someone with access to your car did... but that is the only way that changing your password would make it stop. If you dont know what that was, you should investigate.