Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charge limit setting missing under charging controls: 2014 S85 with 2021.44.25.2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After updating to 2021.44.25.2 in my 2014 S85, I discovered that the charge limit setting is not available on the charging controls screen (see photo below). I can still set the limit in the mobile app. Has anyone else observed this issue?

1640648615630.png

Same here. Also noticed my charge limit (once I went to the APP!!!!) is now almost 20mi lower than it was earlier in the day before I updated!!! Tesla 2016 Model S 70. Limit new was 230. This morning was 217 and now after update is 200!!!! Let mnow if you get an answer on the setting and if you noticed your limit dropped significantly.

Same thing here
December 2015 Model S 85D with pack upgrade so now it's a 90D, MCU2 upgrade, you can use the App as a turn around trick only if you have net access; sent a service request
While charging the control screen for limiting the max charging % is missing, MCU2 and Tesla Model S originally 85D now 90D, already did a reset to no avail, max % limit editing only possible using app WHEN WITH NET and at -3 garage level net is not available
20211229_193858.jpg

Reactions: Killerlily
I posted in another thread that all evidence so far suggests a nosecone version with MCU2 upgrade has this bug. As any example I have seen of a Model S/X that came with MCU2 (and AP2.5/3 for that matter) do not have the limit issue. I suspect this is a bug

If you don't get the attached Charging page, you should use the Tesla App to modify the charge limit.

View attachment 749462

you should use the Tesla App to modify the charge limit.

View attachment 749463
If you don't get the attached Charging page, you should use the Tesla App to modify the charge limit.

View attachment 749462

View attachment 749463
Patrick, Let me know which version you are running as I don’t have the Charging limit action like you show in the upper image. Mine looks exactly like Keepauswired who started this thread. We are on version 2021.44.25.

View attachment 749462

View attachment 749463
Patrick, Let me know which version you are running as I don’t have the Charging limit selection like you show in the upper image. My charging page looks exactly like Keepauswired (originator of this thread) we are on 2021.44.25.2

Same here. Also noticed my charge limit (once I went to the APP!!!!) is now almost 20mi lower than it was earlier in the day before I updated!!! Tesla 2016 Model S 70. Limit new was 230. This morning was 217 and now after update is 200!!!! Let mnow if you get an answer on the setting and if you noticed your limit dropped significantly.
Update: After doing a full charge my limit is back to where it was prior to upgrade (217). But of course still no charge limit ability.

I haven't been able to drive the car for a few days, but has anyone determined if the app is correctly setting the charge limit?
In the Tesla app you can set it. And it sets correctly I believe. In the car, you can not if you upgraded to MCU2 later on in the cars life. At least this is what I believe to be true based on everything I have seen online. Still waiting for my update here in Croatia :-(

Patrick, Let me know which version you are running as I don’t have the Charging limit action like you show in the upper image. Mine looks exactly like Keepauswired who started this thread. We are on version 2021.44.25.

Patrick, Let me know which version you are running as I don’t have the Charging limit selection like you show in the upper image. My charging page looks exactly like Keepauswired (originator of this thread) we are on 2021.44.25.2
Hi, my Model S from 12.2017 is running 2021.44.25.2 ( also V 11) on HW3 and MCU2 with CCS 2 upgrade.

Thanks for the responses from everyone. I also have the MCU2 upgrade, as many others have noted. I am confident that this is a bug and that it will be fixed in a future update. I can also confirm that the Tesla app does fortunately set the charge limit correctly.

Reactions: We Are Venom
So lucky you can go up to 80A!!
Yes, back in 2014, dual chargers seemed like a good idea, and it has definitely come in handy on occasion. I normally don’t charge at the full 80-amp rate unless I really need to in order to put less stress on the equipment. I wish there were more higher amperage L2 chargers out there; most of the time the only place I can take advantage of the full rate is at home. Even most HPWC destination chargers I have encountered are limited to 40 amps.

Yes, back in 2014, dual chargers seemed like a good idea, and it has definitely come in handy on occasion. I normally don’t charge at the full 80-amp rate unless I really need to in order to put less stress on the equipment. I wish there were more higher amperage L2 chargers out there; most of the time the only place I can take advantage of the full rate is at home. Even most HPWC destination chargers I have encountered are limited to 40 amps.
Still is a good idea however the 24x3 (72a) implementation seems to work better.