TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Charge loss MS

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Alsaid, Dec 21, 2019.

1. Alsaid

Alsaid Member

I have a tesla 100D. 2017. When I park the car overnight the battery degradation overnight for my car about 30 miles a night. So if I leave the car has 200miles of charge, in the morning will has 175mile. That’s around 9 hours parking the car. I have took the car to the service and it has been a week now, without any news from tesla.
    Any One has this issue before, and what tesla done to fix this problem.

2. Bmac

Bmac Member

I was losing about 10% (approximately) each night parked in the garage (not heated), but the service center indicated nothing was wrong with the battery or the 12 V and that this was normal. From the comments on many threads on the site, I tend to doubt the service center diagnosis.

3. ucmndd

ucmndd Well-Known Member

Turn off sentry mode and summon standby.

4. Bmac

Bmac Member

Sentry is off automatically since it's my home address, and summon is also off

5. Cavell219

Cavell219 Member

Are you using teslafi? When I was using it my range loss was severe at night no matter what I did. After disabling that I was down to 1 or 2 miles a night max. 2015 90D

• Informative x 1
  6. Alsaid

Alsaid Member

My sentry mode always on, but I don't have summon feature in my. car. So can be the problem from Sentry Mode?

7. ucmndd

ucmndd Well-Known Member

Sentry uses a lot of power, yes.

8. Alsaid

Alsaid Member

but that's would be around 25 to 30 miles charging loss per night?

9. ucmndd

ucmndd Well-Known Member

If Sentry is on overnight, it’s absolutely what is causing The majority of your range loss.

10. r1200gs4ok

r1200gs4ok Active Member

set sentry off when at home.......insure that summons is off as well.......I had the same problems and still had issues so I went back and checked my Teslafi setting in the sleep mode.....I had them set incorrectly....now everything is ok when car sleeps......althought recently it has been taking over 2.25 hrs to go to sleep

11. dannycamps

dannycamps Member

I find lately in the cold, what I think is one of the coolant pumps is running a lot to warm the battery. It sounds like a really high-pitched whine near the front of the car. This takes a lot of energy and if my car is not plugged in, it loses more range than usual.

12. cookie99

cookie99 Member

you didn't set up sleep properly did you. tisk tisk

13. Cavell219

Cavell219 Member

I did actually. Even worked with support on it. There is something "special" about my car. Even when set to force sleep and stop polling when home it still drains battery. I gave up. Maybe I will try again since there have been 2 months of software updates since then.

14. r1200gs4ok

r1200gs4ok Active Member

I just cant figure out why it takes 2-2.5 hrs to go to sleep

15. rsg123

rsg123 Member

Teslamniac

• Funny x 1