Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charge on pickup

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Newbie here, picking up my Model 3 on the 12th September. I was wondering what peoples experience was with the amount of charge the car is delivered with. I am picking my car up from Southampton which I don't think has any supercharger stations yet. Many thanks.

I think pretty much my only concern about collection day in a few weeks is the first supercharger connection on the way home - will they have enabled the car correctly or not ? There is a supercharger 15-20 miles from collection location and I have 230 miles to get home, so if it doesn’t work at the first one I am screwed as it will be after 5pm on a Friday. Will post in correct thread to ask about that.

So not too bothered about charge %, it’s that first crucial SC point then I’ll stop worrying and drive it.

Although I could walk to the newbridge service centre, how quickly is your account up and running to use the supercharger, as I am guessing I might want to go for a wee drive?
It's ready immediately as long as there is a payment method on file which is usually the card you used to pay your deposit or if you have free supercharging miles.

Reactions: j1mgg
I think pretty much my only concern about collection day in a few weeks is the first supercharger connection on the way home - will they have enabled the car correctly or not ? There is a supercharger 15-20 miles from collection location and I have 230 miles to get home, so if it doesn’t work at the first one I am screwed as it will be after 5pm on a Friday. Will post in correct thread to ask about that.

So not too bothered about charge %, it’s that first crucial SC point then I’ll stop worrying and drive it.

Although I could walk to the newbridge service centre, how quickly is your account up and running to use the supercharger, as I am guessing I might want to go for a wee drive?

it’ll work straight away, and you’ll likely find any supercharging before midnight on collection day is free and unrecorded. Use the top hose for Model 3, bottom for S/X

Reactions: j1mgg