Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charge place scotland since takeover - all fine?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Avendit

Apr 18, 2019
EDI
Hi all,

Has anyone used the charge place scotland network since it was handed over to the new people?

I've a hell of a drive tomorrow - Edinburgh to dundreggan on the north of Loch Ness, and back. I should be fine to get up and back to FT William on a full charge (big battery), but any fun on the way will seriously endanger that (it's a p- with a coil over kit, how can't I?). So backup plan is 10mins on a CYC charger if it's looking sketchy at any point, I'm passing about 5 of them.

But I've not used them since the change over. I think I did everything needed, but forgot to test, and now I'm trapped at home with kids so can't nip out. Did everyone's RFID cards switch over ok?

Cheers!

(Dalwhinnie, Roy bridge and FT Augustus all on route, as long as 1 gives me a few kWh I'll be fine. Equally if the A9 is as slow as it usually is north of Perth I'll build some padding and be fine)

We have 2 CPScotand cards/accounts…one I’ve had for 5 years when the chargers were branded Charge Your Car, the other when we got the Tesla last year. The first one I’ve not been asked to transfer my account (thanks for the reminder) but card still worked last I checked earlier in the month. The newer one was promoted to change password to access the new website and app. Not had any issues with that card either - last used yesterday- since new operator took over plus the new phone app works fine for starting and stopping charging incase I find the older card on the other account (which is in my i3) decides to not work anymore. So if you have access to the new website you’ll be fine, if not then you should be fine but might want to create a new account so have app access as a plan B…you no longer have to get a card (£10 if want one) so free to set up account if using app only.

Reactions: Avendit
We have 2 CPScotand cards/accounts…one I’ve had for 5 years when the chargers were branded Charge Your Car, the other when we got the Tesla last year. The first one I’ve not been asked to transfer my account (thanks for the reminder) but card still worked last I checked earlier in the month. The newer one was promoted to change password to access the new website and app. Not had any issues with that card either since new operator took over plus the new phone app works fine for starting and stopping charging incase I find the older card on the other account (which is in my i3) decides to not work anymore. So if you have access to the new website you’ll be fine, if not then you should be fine but might want to create a new account so have app access as a plan B…you no longer have to get a card (£10 if want one) so free to set up account if using app only.
Much appreciated! Pretty sure I logged into the site around the changeover date, but will check and setup the app. Really don't want to screw it up with a couple of potential convertees in the car!

Reactions: Goatex
Well, logged into the app and website fine, but they don't have any payment details, or knowledge of my RFID card. But the app can start free sessions and I suspect from what you have said that my RFID card will be fine too (It definitely stopped working on CYC the weekend of the transfer)

Well, logged into the app and website fine, but they don't have any payment details, or knowledge of my RFID card. But the app can start free sessions and I suspect from what you have said that my RFID card will be fine too (It definitely stopped working on CYC the weekend of the transfer)
Several reports of people starting a charge just with a debit card. My own rfid card transferred successfully after following the email instructions a few weeks ago. Tested on one charge and all went well.

I used a contactless card as I have not yet received my RFID card. Was suggested by the person I called on their helpline whilst sat next to a charger. Couldn't get the app to work, but the contactless card did the trick. This was an older former EVolt charger. The newer ones in the Abington location would not work on the app for me.

At another location, the newer chargers worked with the app. Good to have the contactless trick as a backup if needed.

I've had no problem using the card or the app, my charges are all showing up on my account fine so the card's definitely linked to my account and working.

I think a few people (based on comments on a Facebook Group) are having account related issues for whatever reason, but they're definitely the minority.

I still have my old CYC card (but cancelled the auto renewal), received a new CPS card last month, and this week was surprised to receive a SWARCO E.Connect card too.

I’ve not tried any of them in months/ever, will be interesting to see which if any actually work...

Cheers all for the input. Turned out not to need the CPS account. Stopped at Taste Perthshire for 20 minutes for a bacon roll and plugged into their tesla wall chargers at 11kw. That was enough to ensure that I could get to my destination and back to the FT William SC.

On which note, v3 - wow. Parked and plugged in, finished charging to the needed level to get back to Edinburgh before Macky D's could get food to us. Then the lovely drive back through Glen Coe.

Cheers all for the input. Turned out not to need the CPS account. Stopped at Taste Perthshire for 20 minutes for a bacon roll and plugged into their tesla wall chargers at 11kw. That was enough to ensure that I could get to my destination and back to the FT William SC.

On which note, v3 - wow. Parked and plugged in, finished charging to the needed level to get back to Edinburgh before Macky D's could get food to us. Then the lovely drive back through Glen Coe.
Fort William is certainly a game changer in the Western Highlands. We’ll be up there in a few weeks, nice to know you can easily top on arrival. Nothing beats the fuzzy feeling of pulling in to a V3 Tesla SC.

I think there’s also some shiny new non-Tesla chargers installed next to the Tesla ones in Fort William?

Fort William is certainly a game changer in the Western Highlands. We’ll be up there in a few weeks, nice to know you can easily top on arrival. Nothing beats the fuzzy feeling of pulling in to a V3 Tesla SC.

I think there’s also some shiny new non-Tesla chargers installed next to the Tesla ones in Fort William?
Yep, another 6 or 8 chargers of other flavours at the same site.

I've just had the same conversation with Swarco today. They have no payment details, nor knowledge of my card. Hopefully the app will work!

Just back from a week in Scotland. Registered with CPS three weeks beforehand but no card as yet and no response to email or Twitter. Only used 2 CPS chargers - App not working but started one with a debit card (no charge) and the other with a Tesco club card (no points deducted).
Stayed in Fort William for a few days in an Air BnB overlooking the superchargers. Quite nice watching folk come and go as we ate dinner. May have seen @Avendit but not known it.
Unfortunately we then both tested positive for COVID so had to drive straight back to Shropshire yesterday. 8.5 hours including charging at Abington and Tebay (SR+). Great shame not to be able to visit the excellent Tebay services though.

Just back from a week in Scotland. Registered with CPS three weeks beforehand but no card as yet and no response to email or Twitter. Only used 2 CPS chargers - App not working but started one with a debit card (no charge) and the other with a Tesco club card (no points deducted).
Stayed in Fort William for a few days in an Air BnB overlooking the superchargers. Quite nice watching folk come and go as we ate dinner. May have seen @Avendit but not known it.
Unfortunately we then both tested positive for COVID so had to drive straight back to Shropshire yesterday. 8.5 hours including charging at Abington and Tebay (SR+). Great shame not to be able to visit the excellent Tebay services though.
Fort William has been a hotspot for COVID recently.

Engineer in work got it there 2 weeks ago.

Fort William has been a hotspot for COVID recently.

Engineer in work got it there 2 weeks ago.
We were potential importers not exporters. Picked it up over in the Cairngorms meeting a group of friends to celebrate someone‘s final Corbett. We were only in FW two nights and spent the day in the hills so hopefully caused no additional cases.