Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charge Point Flap Opens as car locks

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thats....weird. I've had the flap might not open problem once, but it went away after a reboot. That has been discussed on here quite a few times and is down to a sensor or something if I recall.

But the flap opening when the car locks - thats a new one on me. Assume you've tried a reboot first?

Had the problem a couple of days after I picked up the car, if I remember correctly there was a message which prompted me to try it and of course it wouldn't open, it was also opening on its own when I went into park a few times though.

They replaced the port door for me and been ok since. I did notice after they replaced it, I cant seem to find the manual release for it, must be tucked up inside the "thin" boot lining :eek:

Update: the fuel flap release pull cord in the boot doesn't work either.
Fortunately the control on the screen opens and shuts, although it can shut in the time it takes me to get out of the car and get to the flap!

What the heck? I've never used it but I thought that pull card was literally a physical manual release....if thats not working then....well I just don't know!