Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charge point in parking garage?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,
I'm looking at charging options as well as Teslas.

I live in an apartment above the garage where I have an allocated bay.
Fortunately I live directly above the garage so hopefully there are options, although there are no spare circuits on my consumer unit.

I can approach the freeholder to get permission to install a charge point but not without issues.

Assuming the freeholder is amenable there are two options, I can foresee:

a) run cable from the communal power in the garage, technically easier but I would need a meter to repay the communal power I use.

b) run cable from my apartment to my parking bay. Technically harder, but no meter needed to repay the freeholder.

I will need a survey regardless, so wanted to ask if anyone has experience of this kind of scenario any who they used for the survey/installation.

Thanks!

When I did mine Tesla had a list of approved installers, if they still have such a list maybe start with that?

Will you have any issue with someone else parking in your bay, when you are out, and helping themsevles to your juice? (e.g. such that you need the ability to isolate the circuit when you are away)

Yes I probably would need to lock down the juice!, I'll try and get some quotes.