Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charge Point Requires Service - Error Message

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, i have only charged my new model 3 twice. After the last charge i got an error message saying the charging was 'disrupted', i didn't think anything of this until i went to charge it up again. The charging would not commence and i got error messages saying 'charge port requires service' and 'unable to drive'. I can drive but i have to confirm the charger is still not plugged in.

anyone else experienced this and any advice on how to resolve??

Hi, i have only charged my new model 3 twice. After the last charge i got an error message saying the charging was 'disrupted', i didn't think anything of this until i went to charge it up again. The charging would not commence and i got error messages saying 'charge port requires service' and 'unable to drive'. I can drive but i have to confirm the charger is still not plugged in.

anyone else experienced this and any advice on how to resolve??

You mean other than contacting tesla for a service appointment? if it were me I would drive down to my local service center as it sounds like once your battery is drained you will not be able to charge it, and you dont want that.

Are you sure you're inserting the 'handle' all the way in, until you feel it stopped? Many of us have had 'issues' the first few times, until we get the hang of it. I initially didn't push hard enough, and got a lot of 'clicking', and the subsequent error saying charging aborted, due to latching error. Consciously pushing the cable all the way in every time avoided that error again. And I also push it in before engaging the button to unlatch, to make sure it unlatches easily as well. I'd try a supercharger before calling Tesla, to make sure it's the car, and not the cable, or something else. Good luck OP.

Reactions: Dre78