Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charge port difference.

Wrangler21

Apr 16, 2021
Columbus, OH
Hello everyone, I tried researching with little luck about the difference in model numbers of the charge ports on early model s cars.
Can anyone tell me what the difference is between 1005612-00-k and 1005612-00-g?
I have to replace mine and I have the k model but can only find a g model for sale. Will this be able to work? Thank you all in advance and apologize for my subpar google-fu.

ucmndd

Mar 10, 2016
California
The letters are minor part revisions. It's possible the only difference is some minor enhancement to an internal component for longevity or something. Different revs of the same part number are generally considered compatible with each other - an incompatible part would usually get a totally different part number. In any case you'll need a way to redeploy firmware once you replace it.

Sorry I can't be more helpful with your specific example. If I was a betting man, I'd say the "g" revision would probably work fine, but couldn't guarantee it.

Reactions: KyleDay
Upvote 0

Alysashley79

Oct 4, 2013
Seattle(ish) WA
Hello everyone, I tried researching with little luck about the difference in model numbers of the charge ports on early model s cars.
Can anyone tell me what the difference is between 1005612-00-k and 1005612-00-g?
I have to replace mine and I have the k model but can only find a g model for sale. Will this be able to work? Thank you all in advance and apologize for my subpar google-fu.
I’d ask what year car you have? Do you have a motorized door or just magnet door?

Upvote 0

auxms75d

Feb 28, 2021
socal
It might have something to do with the changes they made to the black insulators that were breaking off and getting stuck in the charging handles. One of mine in our M3 broke off and I couldn't use the hpwc to charge the MS. When the ranger came out he was able to remove the broken bit from the hpwc and replaced the part, he said the newer charge ports are all one piece vs The older ones that have replaceable components?

• Helpful
Reactions: dark cloud
Upvote 0

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC