Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charge port door issue

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've got my 2019 M3 LR set up to remain unlocked when parked inside my garage. At the end of the day if I decide to charge overnight, I go out to the garage to plug in but pressing the button on the charger cord will not open the charge port door. Sometimes if I open the left rear passenger door to get the car to "wake up", then charger cord button will open the charge port door, but most of the time I have to climb into the driver's seat and press the charger door icon on the screen to get the charger port door to open. Is this normal? Any suggestions? Thanks

pressing the button on the charger cord will not open the charge port door. Sometimes if I open the left rear passenger door to get the car to "wake up", then charger cord button will open the charge port door,
That is a known issue with the Model 3/Y where frequently the car is in sleep, and isn't "listening" for that remote button press. Popping open a door a little (or even pulling the handle just a bit) will take the car up, and the button press will work.

but most of the time I have to climb into the driver's seat and press the charger door icon on the screen to get the charger port door to open.
Why are you doing that? The Model 3/Y all have the press-to-open charge port doors. Just push on the corner of it with your finger, and it will open. You don't need to use the car's touch screen.

That is a known issue with the Model 3/Y where frequently the car is in sleep, and isn't "listening" for that remote button press. Popping open a door a little (or even pulling the handle just a bit) will take the car up, and the button press will work.

Why are you doing that? The Model 3/Y all have the press-to-open charge port doors. Just push on the corner of it with your finger, and it will open. You don't need to use the car's touch screen.
Rocky - which corner of the charge door do I push? I tried pushing several places on the charge port door last night but it would not open until I pressed the icon on the touch screen. Maybe I need to be more precise when pushing a specific corner of the charge port door? :oops:

Rocky - which corner of the charge door do I push? I tried pushing several places on the charge port door last night but it would not open until I pressed the icon on the touch screen. Maybe I need to be more precise when pushing a specific corner of the charge port door? :oops:
Ah, that will need a more accurate answer from someone who has one. If you have the right spot, that should be working. If it isn't, that's a service issue that should be fixed. With the flap open, I think you should be able to see which side has the little tab or latch, and I think that's where you press.