TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Charge port door needs replacing

Discussion in 'Model S: Battery & Charging' started by steilkurve, Feb 26, 2017.

1. steilkurve

steilkurve Member

Hello all. Got the above error message this morning. Charging screen says port is open but it is actually closed. Unlock will open it, and close will close it, but the close button never becomes open button as car keeps thinking it's open. I can plug in and charge fine, and I can open and close with charge plug button no problem. Feels like a sensor/software thing as opposed to a hardware failure. Anyone else had this?

2. steilkurve

steilkurve Member

Forgot. Am on 17.6.15. P95DL. Also tried rebooting both screens twice to no avail.

3. steilkurve

steilkurve Member

Oops. That's P85DL.

4. Seven7

Seven7 Member

I got this message on the dash screen as well today, door still operates if I hold down the button on the charger handle for a few seconds, but there is something going on. This is going to break my cars 14 month run of no trips to the service center since I picked it up there.