Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charge Port Door Needs to be Replaced...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I've encountered my first hiccup with my S.

A message popped up over the weekend, on the front panel. "Charge Port Door Needs Replacing..Contact Tesla Service." The charge port door is operating just fine. No issues. However, the charging port light is acting up. Previously, when I was about to remove the charge connector, the charging insert would light up - indicating when it is safe to remove. It is no longer doing that.

Aside from that - the port door opens and closes as it should. Unfortunately, the message is still on my front panel and exclamation mark on my main screen. I also noticed this: when entering the car, the large screen displays a message "Charge port is open." It isn't.

I just called Tesla Service and was advised to do a hard-reset. I did, but the issue persist. Service representative advised me that other people have been calling in and they believe it is a software glitch.

Anyone else?

Same problem here on MS, and same software level. Same response on call-in, the part is back ordered, will call to schedule replacement when it comes in. I didn't actually notice the charge indicator light but I think your right on that. I put up with the erroneous msg for a while because everything worked fine. But recently it started to add the audible bong everytime the msg came up. That's annoying. So I called. Hopefully, they schedule repair soon.

Same problem here on MS, and same software level. Same response on call-in, the part is back ordered, will call to schedule replacement when it comes in. I didn't actually notice the charge indicator light but I think your right on that. I put up with the erroneous msg for a while because everything worked fine. But recently it started to add the audible bong everytime the msg came up. That's annoying. So I called. Hopefully, they schedule repair soon.

I took the car in for a quick inspection at the request of a service rep. They talked about ordering a part - however, the service rep said he will "calibrate......" Not sure what he did exactly. But when I got back in the car.....poof. Message is gone. He asked me to bring the car back if I go the message again.

If I see that the charging light does not come on when I'm removing the charging cable - I'll bring car back.