Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charge Port Door preventative maintenance?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've had my charge port door stuck closed twice. It happened once, fortuitously at the Fremont Factory Supercharger, and I drove it over to service and they helped out. Grateful for that. Fast forward a couple or three years, it happened this last Monday, also at a Supercharger. But I didn't desperately need a charge and left it sitting at my condo for a few days. When I got back to it, the door opened without any problem and has since.

What I'd like to know is whether there is any preventative maintenance I should be doing?

What I'd like to know is whether there is any preventative maintenance I should be doing?

SuC plugs can be dirty and damaged. I always give them a good look a blow them out before plugging in.

As far as the car side, I look and clean the sockets with a q tip occasionally. Quite a bit of dirt and loose carbon, probably attracted by the voltage during charging or just static electricity, like you see on the rear bumper.

This is what I did for the same car you have. The refresh is a different story.

Reactions: EVChris