Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charge port door Wall Connector Gen 3 SW issue

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't know why Tesla can't just leave working features alone, more than half the updates are bug fixes they introduce themselves.

I have new s-plaid and x, both the charge port door does not open with two brand new Gen 3 wall connector wands. Car is unlocked, connected to the car with bluetooth, app open etc it does not work. It worked on day one and since multiple SW updates it has not worked.

I have a service ticket to replace the antenna which is in the charge port itself, the door and entire charge port are being replaced when the parts arrive for the s-plaid, but after reading about this on the X forum with SW issues causing this, I'm more inclined to believe this is a SW bug and not HW. The S and X both share the same exact charge port part number and both cars are on the latest SW version. This RF issue can't be a common failure, it makes no sense. Quite frustrating.

Anyone else on the latest Advanced release experiencing the same issue with your 21/22 S/Plaid charge port door?