Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charge port door won’t fully close?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone have issues with the charge port door not closing all the way? Mine will close electronically about 70% of the way, then has to be manually pushed in to close, however, it doesn’t close flush and it can then be manually pulled back open.
What’s the deal here? My X is only 2 months old and it just started doing this
Thanks!

Anyone have issues with the charge port door not closing all the way? Mine will close electronically about 70% of the way, then has to be manually pushed in to close, however, it doesn’t close flush and it can then be manually pulled back open.
Thanks!
Have them replace port should close flush

Our charge port does not close on our brand new X. It hangs up / hits on the tail light. If you push it while closing its ok. I guess if the service center had done any sort of pre delivery we wouldn't have been there for 4+ hours but I won't get into that rant. And we are Tesla fan boys and girls with our third purchase.

• Funny
Reactions: P85_DA
Thanks!

Mine started doing that after a few weeks. Tesla swapped out the whole charge port assembly, and it hasn't recurred. Time to take it in for service before the rainy season starts. :)

Thanks!

Mine had this exact issue. It means the door it not aligned correctly. Take a look at it as you manually push the door. I suspect you will not that the door is hitting the upper or lower portion of the cutout.

I did a mobile service and had them fix it at home. The Ranger came to my house in his Model S. He removed the interior panels by the charger and realigned the door. Total time was 30 minutes. Great service!

In thinking back on it, I may have caused the issue by hitting the door with the charge connector.

Mine started doing this since last week, it would not close fully and remained open half way, won't close manually either. The only way it would close is by hooking up the charger again and removing it. And then it stopped doing it this week! So random!

Thanks!

Mine wouldn't close and I had Tesla "fix" it 3 times. It would close but after about 2-3 weeks the latch would continue to stick out. Finally when I took it to the SC, they shaved off a little tiny bit of plastic on the hinge and apparently that fixed it permanently. I've heard it's a known issue for many of the March 2018 Model X's...fixable but you have to specifically tell your technician to deal with the little plastic hinge.