Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charge Port issue

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2018 LR AWD - In 2019 I had service done to the charge port door because it wouldn't open when you pushed it and intermittently wouldn't open using the charger button. The issue was fixed for a year. 2020 the door is very erratic, sometimes opens fine sometimes doesn't - sometimes it opens and closes twice when the button is pushed once, they replaced the charge port. Now 2021 and I am at a supercharger and it doesn't release the charger. After trying a bunch of different ways to unrelease including hard reboot nothing. Manual release didn't work either. After calling Tesla service they had someone there within an hour but did not know how to unrelease the charger. After unlocking the locking the car a bunch of times from outside the car it finally released.

I have an appointment for service but at this point I'm thinking it's something different than the charge port itself unless I just keep getting bad ones. Anyone have these similar issues and what was the resolve?