Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charge Port Light no working - Part 1026041-00-S and Part 1005612-00-K

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My 2016.5 Model S charge port lights are not lighting up. Car still charges, but does not light up and the latch takes some time to unlock.

I reached out to Tesla and they recommended replacing multiple parts totalling $2000. Among them are 2 different charge ports and they insisted I need both:

ASY, CHARGEPORT, MS, MX, GEN2, US(1026041-00-S) $500
CHARGE PORT ASSEMBLY(1005612-00-K) $900

Anyone know the different between the 2? From what I googled, 1005612-00-K is for 2012-2015. And since my car is a 2016.5, this should not be required?

Yes, I went thru most of the threads regarding this problem. Most, if not all issues were fixed under warranty. Unfortunately, my car is no longer under warranty. So I just wanted to pinpoint the exact part required rather than changing everything in the vicinity.

So I got it fixed. After not willing to pay $2000, I decided to monitor further before committing to a fix. Eventually, I was getting a consistent error, charge port door sensor fault (CP_w043). Reached out to Tesla again, quote for parts and labour was $250. Everything is now fixed. Charge port itself is in good working order and not replaced.

• Informative
Reactions: David29
So I got it fixed. After not willing to pay $2000, I decided to monitor further before committing to a fix. Eventually, I was getting a consistent error, charge port door sensor fault (CP_w043). Reached out to Tesla again, quote for parts and labour was $250. Everything is now fixed. Charge port itself is in good working order and not replaced.
This appears to be te solution to the issues I had upon upgrading my 2015 85D Model S to CCS capability in April. They want to replace the chargeport and there are none available. That solution seems unlikely to fix my issue after reading your thread. Thank you, Lets see how THIS goes!