Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charge port light

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
new x owner here. Plugged in my x
And led green light blinking
Checked car and light went out
But car was still charging according to my phone app. Asked my brother who has a s, but he charges after midnight
I thought light stays blinking till done then stays solid?

While others may disagree, I'd vote for some form of visual confirmation at the charging port that charging was taking place that stayed on during the entire charge process...and maybe a second indication that the charge was complete. Lots of multi-color LEDs to do this.

While you can get this info by having the keyfob nearby or using the phone app or looking at your home charger, you shouldn't need to. Just my two cents.

Reactions: vandacca
The rationale is to not attract attention when charging in public and having the light blinking all the time. People have asked for this to be disabled so the light is on all the time when charging at home (geofenced disabling of the 'timed turn-off of the indicator).

Here's the manual excerpt, and I suspect the light is going off because the car is locked (as you walk away from the car); I can't find documentation about the timer aspect..

During Charging
During charging, the charge port pulses green and charging status displays on the instrument
panel. The frequency at which the charge port’s light pulses slows down as the charge level
approaches full. When charging is complete, the light stops pulsing and is solid green.
Note: If Model X is locked, the light around the charge port does not light up.

Just a quick tip: even while locked, you can press the button on the charger (even a j1772) and the charge port light will come on momentarily. Green if it's charging and white if it is complete--even red if there is a charging issue. If it's complete you can remove the charger, if it's charging it will stay locked to the car.

• Informative
Reactions: boaterva