TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Charge port mysteries solved!

Discussion in 'Model X: User Interface' started by MichealW, Apr 12, 2016.

1. MichealW

MichealW Member

So I had a Model S and it turns out the charge port works differently in the X. I feel like every week there is a new surprise. Anyway, so I brought the car in for service for among other things to fix the charge port because it didn't work by pushing the cord button. Turns out the cord button doesn't open the charge port on the X. It opens manually by just simply pushing it. Why they have a button on the cord I'll never know... Maybe the X doesn't have its own cord yet? Anyway, I learned that but I also discovered if you push and hold the trunk of the key fob it also opens the charge port. Anyway, in case anyone was confused, I thought I would share my discovery...

• Like x 1
  2. MichealW

MichealW Member

Just saw the whole thread on this topic. Oops... I'm late to the game but glad I have now figured it out.

3. pvogel

pvogel Member

Honestly, does no one read manuals anymore?

• Dislike x 1
  4. K-MTG

K-MTG Sunshade Captain of TMC

I plan on reading the manual that comes with my sunshade.

• Like x 2
  5. Winston

Winston Member

According to the manual that K-MTG uploaded, the button on the charge cable may be used. It's on page 140.

• Like x 1
  6. Zythryn

Zythryn MS 70D, MX 90D

The issue with the button on the charger opening the charge port is in situations with multiple cars.
    When both of our cars are in the garage, pressing the button opens both.

Not a huge deal if the other is charging. And with the auto close charge port it is nothing more than an annoyance.

I prefer the simplicity of just pressing the port to open it. And if that is one less receiver needed, so much the better:)