Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charge port mysteries solved!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I had a Model S and it turns out the charge port works differently in the X. I feel like every week there is a new surprise. Anyway, so I brought the car in for service for among other things to fix the charge port because it didn't work by pushing the cord button. Turns out the cord button doesn't open the charge port on the X. It opens manually by just simply pushing it. Why they have a button on the cord I'll never know... Maybe the X doesn't have its own cord yet? Anyway, I learned that but I also discovered if you push and hold the trunk of the key fob it also opens the charge port. Anyway, in case anyone was confused, I thought I would share my discovery...

Reactions: cclaygo
The issue with the button on the charger opening the charge port is in situations with multiple cars.
When both of our cars are in the garage, pressing the button opens both.

Not a huge deal if the other is charging. And with the auto close charge port it is nothing more than an annoyance.

I prefer the simplicity of just pressing the port to open it. And if that is one less receiver needed, so much the better:)