TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

"Charge Port Open" but it isn't

Discussion in 'Model X' started by madodel, May 15, 2016.

1. madodel

madodel X at the end of a rainbow

Had my X in to the Springfield NJ service center last week to replace the third row seats. While it was there they did a few other things like replace the front door quarter panel glass seals and apparently they updated the firmware to 2.17.95. After they returned my X I charged it at a Supercharger and the dash and tablet kept saying the charger port was open even when it is closed. I reset the dash and tablet twice and still it says the charge port is open. I'll call Springfield on Monday, but has anyone else seen this?

IMG_1754.JPG IMG_1755.JPG

2. X Fan

X Fan Member

Sorry about your problem....haven't seen that. Did the seal replacement reduce sound in cabin sufficiently?

3. madodel

The wind sound never bothered me much and I never heard whistling as if it was getting into the car, but it is noticeably reduced.

4. FarmerDave

FarmerDave Member

I had a similar problem which the Service Center fixed by replacing the charge port door. Mine also kept opening the charge port door when the car was locked (bad X! Shame!).

5. madodel

Apparently the same problem used to occur on the S. Made an appointment in 2 weeks to have it looked at. I'm going to be away for over a week and getting my X wrapped and coated while I'm away , so it has to wait.

6. Zesty

Zesty Member

I had that same issue with the charge port door. It would open when I locked the X. After a while, the charger port colors weren't even being illuminated.

I dropped the X off at the SC and they replaced the entire charger port unit. Works fine now!

• Like x 1
  7. DevGuy

DevGuy Member

Same issue happened once so far, reported it for repair to our local SC.

8. Darryl

Darryl ModelXTracker.com Co-Adm

I started having this problem late last week. I was wondering if it was related to the last software upgrade.

9. Jeffmeister

Jeffmeister Member

I sent my car to service last week and the same thing happened to me. I thought it might be related to the latest software upgrade too. It wasn't doing that before the upgrade.

10. madodel

Well they replaced the charge port door for me on June 1st and it hasn't happened in the 2 weeks since.

11. Darryl

Darryl ModelXTracker.com Co-Adm

The problem with My Model X indicating the charger port was open when it wasn't stated after a software update about a month ago. Didn't have the problem prior to the upgrade. I mentioned it when I took my car in for the third row seat safety recall. They replaced the charger port mechanism. It was a know problem.

12. StorePete

StorePete New Member

On my new facelifted S I too am getting the charge port open warning when it isn't from time to time.
    Opening and reclosing sometimes helps but not always.
    Will report it when I am at Tesla next time

13. gmtom1

gmtom1 Member

Does the charge port on the X auto-close like it does on the Model S? I recall earlier posts that it was missing from the features at launch, but would be added via software update?

14. madodel

AFAIK it has always closed, it was opening using the button on the charge cable that wasn't available. That works now as it was added with one of the OTA updates.