Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"Charge port open" error/bug?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a late-VIN X loaner with a curious problem. Anyone with this strange behavior? I've tried both reboot options from steering wheel with no change.

I'm using SW 2017.50.2

Initial symptom is it would not supercharge or charge at home. Then I walked away and noticed it started charging when key was not nearby. So charging system seems to be ok, it seems to be a problem with the charging-port software.

Secondary symptom is just sitting in the car (while in park), the 'charging port open' message will appear on the screen and the port will open and close randomly.

The workaround is to turn the car 'on' and drive and.its fine. So it seems there is some weird interaction between car & keyfob.

Hi,
S owner here, with th older charge port, meaning version that you must close manually.
Since a few days, also have weird charge port message on the display, as if it was open while it is not.

Found another short recent thread in M3 telling they also have some bug and it’s known.

Not sure it is related though