TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Charge Port Replaced - Not lighting Up

Discussion in 'Model S: Battery & Charging' started by David.85D, Feb 22, 2020.

1. David.85D

David.85D Member

I just had my Charge Port replaced under warranty. Dec 2014 P85D.

The new one doesn’t light up. Is something wrong or did they stop including the light ring?

It doesn’t seem to have the ring of plastic that could light up...

2. Ostrichsak

Ostrichsak Active Member

Why not contact Tesla and have them correct it?

3. David.85D

David.85D Member

I texted the service advisor and got no answer. Will drive by and ask in person. Happy that I’m close enough to do that. Seems like the last remaining way to speak to a human.

Not ruling out that they’ve changed the part. If not, something is wrong that needs to be fixed...

4. Lasttoy

Lasttoy Active Member

Do u have invoice? It comes with ring, I have 2 extra, they told me mine was bad, it wasn't.
    Really, ring is missing?

5. David.85D

David.85D Member

Service scheduled a replacement. Must have been defective or mis-installed.

6. Bill_75D

Bill_75D Member

When I had mine replaced last summer by a ranger in a motel parking lot, he mentioned that it was common to have brand new charge ports be DOA right out of the box.

• Informative x 1