TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Charge Port Unlock Error

Discussion in 'Model S: Battery & Charging' started by an2ony, Dec 26, 2016.

1. an2ony

an2ony Member

Strange one today, I went out to the car following an overnight home charge and like usual pressed the boot fob twice and nothing happened. No matter what I did, inside or outside of the car I couldn't get the charge port to unlock.

I finally ended up calling Testa assistance who after a few minutes did something to start the car charging, once it was charging I ended the charge from the charge screen and then was unable to unlock the charge port.

Tesla assistance said it may have been stuck in a charging loop, has anybody else had this problem?

2. Mihai

Mihai Member

I had the exact same happening to me yesterday.

The way I solved it was to change my charge limit from 90% to 100%, then the car started to charge further towards 100%, then I could click the stop charge and unlock port and it worked.
    I don't know what I would do if I was charged to 100% so no possibility to start charging further.

3. Mseap2016

Mseap2016 New Member

I to

4. Mseap2016

Mseap2016 New Member

I too had this problem today on MS.

Has to ring assistance, tesla said it was a known bug that will be sorted via update