Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charge Stations @ Tysons Galleria? (NoVa)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wife wants to take the car up to Tysons Galleria... 105 miles from here, so 210mi RT. I checked Plugshare.com and it shows 2 wall outlets at Tysons Corner, and nothing at Tysons Galleria.

Should I just bite the battery life bullet and do a Max Range charge for her before she leaves?

Tesla really needs a SC in NoVa...

I live a few miles away from Tyson's. Next time I'm at the mall I'll see if I can find these chargers for you. There are public chargers around, Walgreens has them, a few grocery stores. If you're really stuck you're welcome to use one of my 14-50's. Just bring your own UMC as I don't have one yet...

I live a few miles away from Tyson's. Next time I'm at the mall I'll see if I can find these chargers for you. There are public chargers around, Walgreens has them, a few grocery stores. If you're really stuck you're welcome to use one of my 14-50's. Just bring your own UMC as I don't have one yet...

Thanks. I think a range charge would be best, I don't want to have to make my wife walk to the mall (especially depending on the weather). She'll definitely have the UMC, but hopefully the car will make the round trip or I won't hear the end of it. ;)

They are on the bottom level of Nordstroms parking garage, well marked. I added it to PlugShare with a picture and a GPS location.

The Roadster to S adapters have been very hard to come by, but it looks like a new batch have been made up in the last month or so. They are pricy, at $650 and you have to ask to get one ordered, they don't have them listed online. I'm sure that once the store is open, they will be able to lend you one during business hours.

Here is what they look like (not my website).

Roadster Model S Adaptor | Tesla Owner

Peter

They are on the bottom level of Nordstroms parking garage, well marked. I added it to PlugShare with a picture and a GPS location.

The Roadster to S adapters have been very hard to come by, but it looks like a new batch have been made up in the last month or so. They are pricy, at $650 and you have to ask to get one ordered, they don't have them listed online. I'm sure that once the store is open, they will be able to lend you one during business hours.

Here is what they look like (not my website).

Roadster Model S Adaptor | Tesla Owner

Peter

They always have these adapters available and often leave one attached to the cord after store hours. I don't know what the Tysons Galleria policy will be. I didn't think they were open yet.