TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Charge Stations @ Tysons Galleria? (NoVa)

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic' started by carrerascott, Mar 18, 2013.

1. carrerascott

carrerascott FUEL FTR

Wife wants to take the car up to Tysons Galleria... 105 miles from here, so 210mi RT. I checked Plugshare.com and it shows 2 wall outlets at Tysons Corner, and nothing at Tysons Galleria.

Should I just bite the battery life bullet and do a Max Range charge for her before she leaves?

Tesla really needs a SC in NoVa...

2. andrewket

andrewket 2014 S P85DL, 2016 X P90DL (soon 100)

I live a few miles away from Tyson's. Next time I'm at the mall I'll see if I can find these chargers for you. There are public chargers around, Walgreens has them, a few grocery stores. If you're really stuck you're welcome to use one of my 14-50's. Just bring your own UMC as I don't have one yet...

3. carrerascott

carrerascott FUEL FTR

Thanks. I think a range charge would be best, I don't want to have to make my wife walk to the mall (especially depending on the weather). She'll definitely have the UMC, but hopefully the car will make the round trip or I won't hear the end of it. ;)

4. bluetinc

bluetinc Member

I just checked out both TESLA chargers and they work great. They are the Roadster chargers so you have to bring an adapter with you. They run 70 A at 203/205V.

Peter

5. carrerascott

carrerascott FUEL FTR

Wow great news. Does the Model S come with the adapter to use the Roadster charger? (ie which adapter do we need?)

6. andrewket

andrewket 2014 S P85DL, 2016 X P90DL (soon 100)

Can you still buy a roadster adapter?

7. carrerascott

carrerascott FUEL FTR

ps Thanks for checking on those! Also which garage and which level are these chargers on?

8. bluetinc

bluetinc Member

They are on the bottom level of Nordstroms parking garage, well marked. I added it to PlugShare with a picture and a GPS location.

The Roadster to S adapters have been very hard to come by, but it looks like a new batch have been made up in the last month or so. They are pricy, at $650 and you have to ask to get one ordered, they don't have them listed online. I'm sure that once the store is open, they will be able to lend you one during business hours.

Here is what they look like (not my website).

Roadster Model S Adaptor | Tesla Owner

Peter

9. hcsharp

hcsharp Active Member

They always have these adapters available and often leave one attached to the cord after store hours. I don't know what the Tysons Galleria policy will be. I didn't think they were open yet.

10. carrerascott

carrerascott FUEL FTR

Darn. Wife is driving up there on Thursday, suppose getting an adapter by then isn't gonna happen. Back to square one.

11. loganss

loganss Spaceman

did you call the Rockville or DC stores to see if they have one?

12. bluetinc

bluetinc Member

She's welcome to borrow mine, the only trick will be getting it to her, I'm up in Rockville/Gaithersburg.

Peter

13. Chris

Chris Member

You are welcome to use my HPWC in Bethesda if that would be helpful