Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charge Stats - Home vs Other charge

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You may need to just swap your “Home” address in the TESLA app every time you stay/charge at the second home. It’s a PITA, for sure, but I don’t know of another way.
Thank you. You’re right, it is a pain ….
Seems that others are having other similar issues. I’m reading about cars being charged in a detached garage, that isn’t recognized as “home”.
It would be a worthwhile edit to have a “registration/mailing home” and a “charging home” on the app.

I wonder if there is a suggestion box? ;)

Thank you. You’re right, it is a pain ….
Seems that others are having other similar issues. I’m reading about cars being charged in a detached garage, that isn’t recognized as “home”.
It would be a worthwhile edit to have a “registration/mailing home” and a “charging home” on the app.

I wonder if there is a suggestion box? ;)
Maybe. TESLA just does not support “dual home charging location” options.

Had this issue myself. Check the app to see what address the car thinks it is at when you are actually charging at home. For me, the car always thought it was about 10ft further forward than it actually was, putting it in my neighbors car port. Fix was to update my "home" address in the car to my neighbors address. Not awesome, but it fixed the issue. Make sure if you have other driver profiles, you update their home address as well. My wife had her's set to the old address after I made my first update, and it kept showing "other".
Hmmm. Occasionally my car thinks it is next door. Something to watch!