Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charge stats in app - location under “Average Cost” not correct

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All,

I’m a new 2022 Model S LR owner as of Monday 6/27. The car has 400 miles on it after the drive at the pickup center in Paramus NJ to my home in NH, and driving it a few times since Monday. I charged the car partially at a Tesla super charging station in CT, and 3 times at home. The first time charging it at home it correctly showed “Home” for location. The last two times I charged it at home it logged as “Other” in the app. The car was parked outside right by the garage door for the first home charge that logged correctly as “home”, and the other two times charging at home it was in the garage (so only about 20’ difference in the physical location, and logged as “Other”.

any idea how to get my home charging to log as “Home”?

is the 20’ parking difference causing the confusion in the app? Not the location of the car parked in either home location still shows my home address in the app.

Thanks,
John

After posting this forum showed me the thread titled “

Tesla App Charging Stats Cannot Show Home Charging”​

where it pointed me to the issue that all phone keys need to have home set. My wife’s phone didnt have a home set in navigation. So I set it up. Perhaps my next home charge will show as home and not “Other”.