Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charge Stats Still Missing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Eno Deb

Aug 17, 2018
SF Bay Area
I keep seeing references to the Charge Stats function in the release notes of the iOS app, but it never showed up in my app. I'm on software 2022.4.5.3 and have the latest version of the app (4.6.1) installed. The menu item that I have seen in screenshots is simply not there. Anybody else still not seeing it?

Sometimes you can make missing features appear by logging out from the app and logging in again. Unfortunately, that also requires you to set up your phone as a phone key again (depending on model). Didn’t used to work that way. Before logging out, try force quitting the app and relaunching it, since that won’t reset anything.

Sometimes you can make missing features appear by logging out from the app and logging in again. Unfortunately, that also requires you to set up your phone as a phone key again (depending on model). Didn’t used to work that way. Before logging out, try force quitting the app and relaunching it, since that won’t reset anything.
I have tried that and it didn't help (FWIW, I didn't have to re-register the phone as key).

Spoke to Tesla SC today while having my USB ports fitted and they said there is a known issue with the charging stats with some people unable to access it. They are looking into it and an update will be out in due course
2022 Model 3 RWD delivered March 2,2022.
FW 2022.8.2, Android phone app 4.6.1-891. Just updated yesterday from 2021.43.102.5

No charge stats yet. I've tried everything suggested except a factory reset. I'm reluctant to try that.

Not the end of the world. I'll give it a few days.

Mike

I keep seeing references to the Charge Stats function in the release notes of the iOS app, but it never showed up in my app. I'm on software 2022.4.5.3 and have the latest version of the app (4.6.1) installed. The menu item that I have seen in screenshots is simply not there. Anybody else still not seeing it?
Does anyone know when Charge Stats first came out? What update? I've owned MS's since 2013 and never saw this before last week. Could be a recent update just added it.

2022 Model 3 RWD delivered March 2,2022.
FW 2022.8.2, Android phone app 4.6.1-891. Just updated yesterday from 2021.43.102.5

No charge stats yet. I've tried everything suggested except a factory reset. I'm reluctant to try that.

Not the end of the world. I'll give it a few days.

Mike
Charge stats appeared today after I drove around a bit and then recharged the battery when I got home. LFP battery so I always charge to 100%. Current price of gasoline in Ontario is $1.60/litre ($6.00/US gallon). Might be a sensitive subject at work.

F9CCA922-3419-4E19-A911-D94A1B748D5C.jpeg

Last edited:
I have a 2022 M3 SR+. I have one user account which I’m logged into under one email. I have version 2021.43.102.5 software in the car which I understand to be up to date.
I have version 4,7.0 of the Tesla app on my iPhone 12pro.
What I don’t have is charge stats. Am I missing something?

Attachments

• D5B0E626-6AFA-4C43-9CBF-BD1B2BCFE701.png
    D5B0E626-6AFA-4C43-9CBF-BD1B2BCFE701.png
    309.9 KB · Views: 184
There's some discussion here:

Sounds like some inconsistency between CarOS revisions[?] That thread did mention doing a complete logout/in on the app to sort of force a refresh on the available functions.

Side note: hahaha, outstanding phone name :D

There's some discussion here:

Sounds like some inconsistency between CarOS revisions[?] That thread did mention doing a complete logout/in on the app to sort of force a refresh on the available functions.

Side note: hahaha, outstanding phone name :D

(moderator note)

Combined with referenced thread

Reactions: MaskedRacerX
Anyone else still having issues?

I'm up to date on the app (4.11.2-1215), Andriod (v13), car (2022.24.5), data sharing is enabled for all options, rebooted phone/car, quit and relaunched app, etc. I've been poking at this every so often since it was released (Feb?) but still no joy. A friend who lives nearby has it working perfectly (same electric company FWIW). Friends car is an early S, I have a 2022 Model 3.

We have a 2021 Model Y LR. We have never been able to access the Charge Stats features in the app.

We’ve been through all the recommended actions on the Tesla support article multiple times. We’ve opened support cases which have been promptly shut down. We have emailed support, to no avail. It feels like they are trying to cover something up, to be honest, like our car is missing a dependent chip or something.

This fixed it for me and I didn't have to wait, it just started working in minutes:

I turned all of the permission on. Later I'll test to see if it's any one of the permissions in particular, as I prefer not to be sharing my driving experience with Tesla....

But now that I can use this feature, any home charging is missing on the graph of this and last month! All it shows is the supercharging in red, but no blue home charging.

Rant: It would be better I think if Tesla always showed Charge Stats in the menu, perhaps grayed out, and if you clicked on it it would tell you how to enable it. Furthermore, why is it necessary for me to have to share my driving experience with Tesla just to get my own charging statistics? This seems wrong.

Last edited: