Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charge Stats - Tesla app new feature

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think it is supposed to have the tire pressure monitoring thro app as per Tesla updates.

Stats still not showing up after app update. I suspect it’s due to my vehicle being leased and me not being the primary driver. Has anyone had any success getting round this contacting Tesla?
still no show for me and I didn't lease. I even contacted Tesla and there were looking into the widespread issue.

Hello,
I have completed 2 days ago, the 8th March at 04.37am a full charge (first time for my 2 weeks old MY), the range was at 325 miles on the apps and display, I have not used the car for the last two days (at the exeption to go inside for a very short periode 2 or 3 times - no sentry mode on).
This morning at 07:32 the range was at 311 miles. I have lost 14 miles range in 51 hours => 6.5 mile per 24 hours = equivalent of 2 kWh => equivalent of 80 watts per hours. this is pretty much the power of an old 80 watt old bulb on all the time . (equivalent of a 40p/day or £150 year).
I not sure if it is high or not for a Tesla, but let me know, Thanks

Hello,
I have completed 2 days ago, the 8th March at 04.37am a full charge (first time for my 2 weeks old MY), the range was at 325 miles on the apps and display, I have not used the car for the last two days (at the exeption to go inside for a very short periode 2 or 3 times - no sentry mode on).
This morning at 07:32 the range was at 311 miles. I have lost 14 miles range in 51 hours => 6.5 mile per 24 hours = equivalent of 2 kWh => equivalent of 80 watts per hours. this is pretty much the power of an old 80 watt old bulb on all the time . (equivalent of a 40p/day or £150 year).
What was the %? Though it is difficult to come to any conclusion based on this one off measurements, for this kind of calculation % makes more sense. Would you say more than 5% drop or less than 3% drop from your around 100% charge (assuming yours is LR modelY and the official page says 331 WLTP)

Last edited:
Reactions: RichardTheKing
Hello,
The Battery Management System (BMS) has a challenge trying to accurately represent the state of charge (SOC). It is of the nature of battery SOC that it isn't a simple thing to represent. Just to complicate the picture even further we have this distance setting rather than a percentage setting. (Many of us choose to switch to a percentage display by tapping the battery symbol but it's up to you.) Once people start seeing a number of miles it appears that this is an exact representation when it really isn't. It is normal to lose a few percent of your battery if the car is awakened every so often even if it doesn't drive anywhere. There are multiple threads on the forum about these kind of losses ... very rarely it can be an indication of a problem but mostly it is normal.

What was the %? Though it is difficult to come to any conclusion based on this one off measurements, for this kind of calculation % makes more sense. Would you say more than 5% drop or less than 3% drop from your around 100% charge (assuming yours is LR modelY and the official page says 331 WLTP)
I have notice on my car than the percentage is always calculated from the max range, 325 mile for me, then 6.5 miles / 325 miles is 2 % or 311 miles of 325 miles is 4.3% for 51 hours => for 24h : 2%. 325 miles was the max charge when I did it, I have drove today and my odometre shows 226 mile / 70% = which is equate for 100% at 322 miles (not far at all of the 325).
I have drove exactly 70 miles on the Trips diplay and I have lost 311 miles - 226 miles = 85 miles on the tesla range. If I understand the 15 miles (12%) lost between what I have drove and what the Tesla range told me is due to the outside temperature (10c) and the type of road I have used and my quality of drive?

I have got another question, if you don't mind, how do I know, with my current Tesla app, when my MY is in deepsleep or on sleep mode? Thanks
You don’t know is the answer. You need one of those other ones - Teslafi or Teslamate or stats etc., to understand the whole bit about charging, economy, consumption and all other driving, vehicle and charging related data

You don’t know is the answer. You need one of those other ones - Teslafi or Teslamate or stats etc., to understand the whole bit about charging, economy, consumption and all other driving, vehicle and charging related data
When I have read a tesla manuel, they said than 3rd application can wakeup the car all the time (or something like that), Then I am not sure if I want to install any 3rd apps, what do you think?

When I have read a tesla manuel, they said than 3rd application can wakeup the car all the time (or something like that), Then I am not sure if I want to install any 3rd apps, what do you think?
As far as I know Teslafi and Teslamate they don’t wake up as they somehow extract the data from the backend without waking the car. I don’t know the technical side of things related to this but there are other members who can provide excellent response to your specific query. There is a separate thread related to Teslafi and Teslamate. Please do the search if you don’t get any response here.

Last edited:
I see the stats, but I OLNY charge at home (so far anyways), and yet I see a bunch of “other” locations, which makes no sense.

Anyone else? I assume it is a GPS signal issue.
Does someone else has access to your car and are charging outside? Bunch of other locations far from your place doesn’t make any sense. GPS issue is more relevant if they are all in the same postcode area.

I see the stats, but I OLNY charge at home (so far anyways), and yet I see a bunch of “other” locations, which makes no sense.

Anyone else? I assume it is a GPS signal issue.

I have had an occasion when a home charge was noted as "other" despite being done in the same location as all my other home charging. The whole thing is a bit of a toy really. No great accuracy and too much rounding in the numbers ... and no control over the fuel cost comparison unless I missed that.

Reactions: in2survive