Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charge-Up NJ rebate program Phase 2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Time will tell on what really happens. I expect (hope) a tesla reservation is not a purchase agreement as those can only be executed at delivery and Tesla will enter the delivery date as the purchase date into the point of sale rebate system. If not, then I only miss out on what looks to be a $2k rebate and already saving most of that by having ordered a couple price increases ago and not waiting for NJ to get this program straightened out.

Reactions: SpicyPaneer
Noticed today that the board of public utilities retweeted a news article saying that the program may not be adopted until after July 1st. Unsure if this article was saying July 1st would be the start date, or if July 1st would be the earliest possible, but it makes me curious on what the plan is if it goes past the July 1st date. Will we get the rebate retro'd from 7/1 or will we be screwed.

When I check on the status of my tesla I now get the confirm your order update window. I am not going to accept till July 1st. hopefully this is kind of like an unofficial hold so I dont lose my spot in line.

View attachment 669031
I accepted it today and got VIN in 201XX range with Estimated Delivery: June 13 - June 19. Im poing to ask Princeton SA to hold till July 2nd .lets see what they tell.My initial order was on3/22 but then put it on hold till 5/30.

I also did not click the blue button and Tesla setup a tentative delivery data for me June 5 anyway, but still no VIN.

I replied that I would rather wait until July. They contacted me again and asked when in July, because if I don't take this car it will go to someone else and current delivery times are 2-13 weeks.

I replied that I am concerned about the removal of the radar and reports of AP performance issues at night and in poor weather, and that I am waiting to see if the software updates promised in the "weeks ahead" fix this.

No response yet.
Keep me updated with what their response will be.

Noticed today that the board of public utilities retweeted a news article saying that the program may not be adopted until after July 1st. Unsure if this article was saying July 1st would be the start date, or if July 1st would be the earliest possible, but it makes me curious on what the plan is if it goes past the July 1st date. Will we get the rebate retro'd from 7/1 or will we be screwed.
can you please share the link of the article you are referring to.

Attachments

• 310DE3BF-6CB9-4C55-97B5-DC90D792B6AC.jpeg
    310DE3BF-6CB9-4C55-97B5-DC90D792B6AC.jpeg
    455.6 KB · Views: 65
Reactions: Gellie
Thanks for the tip. To my reading it still looks like a July 1 start.
I found the following interesting:

“It is essential for a program to run a full year,’’ said Zachary Kahn, a senior policy adviser for Tesla, a maker of electric vehicles. “We’ve seen a great drop-off because people are waiting for the incentives again.’’

So Tesla is seeing a "great drop-off" in NJ sales because people are waiting. I wonder if they will help make it possible for us to get the rebate on orders placed earlier?

LINK: NJ looks to re-up popular clean-car rebates | NJ Spotlight News

Last edited:
Time will tell on what really happens. I expect (hope) a tesla reservation is not a purchase agreement as those can only be executed at delivery and Tesla will enter the delivery date as the purchase date into the point of sale rebate system. If not, then I only miss out on what looks to be a $2k rebate and already saving most of that by having ordered a couple price increases ago and not waiting for NJ to get this program straightened out.
$2k? I thought it was supposed to be $5k?

Reactions: SpicyPaneer
I decided to take my MYLR off hold today. Immediately got a VIN… with estimated delivery 9-13 weeks. Made original deposit of $2500 June 2019. Yes.. i’ve delayed for 2 yrs. and decided to roll dice on NJ rebate… because of the horrid communications from the NJ group handling it, the uncertainty of the details… and also anticipating extra long delivery delay once all the good NJ folks hit “buy” on 7/1.

I decided to take my MYLR off hold today. Immediately got a VIN… with estimated delivery 9-13 weeks. Made original deposit of $2500 June 2019. Yes.. i’ve delayed for 2 yrs. and decided to roll dice on NJ rebate… because of the horrid communications from the NJ group handling it, the uncertainty of the details… and also anticipating extra long delivery delay once all the good NJ folks hit “buy” on 7/1.
Yes thinking the same. I doubt NJ will make the rebate on order date vs delivery date.

Reactions: AmunRa51