Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charge-Up NJ rebate program Phase 2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
i think MY is gonna get newer battery soon (from texas plant) and with Federal credit and newer bigger battery pack might be a better time to get it. Also radar / lidar vs vision experiments will settle down. I wouldn't compromise safety removing radar & non stop price increases caused me rethink the value proposition otherwise MY is a fantastic car, just not good value.

It will definitely be better and less expensive in the future just like most new technology. Problem is, when is it good enough? By then the MY will be all settled with new battery and all, but everyone’s attention will be on a new Model Z by then with a whole new set of concerns.

Hey guys, just had a quick question. I ordered my M3 LR on 6/1, and the past week it said my delivery date was estimated to be between 7/10 and 7/30. When I looked this morning, the estimated date became 9-13 weeks. Does anyone know if this is something I should be concerned about if I need this car by the end of August? Only thing I’ve done recently to the car was add a friend’s referral code to it since I forgot to use his referral link when ordering.

How did you add the referral code after ordering? I forgot as well and email asking for it to be added but never heard anything back.
I just did step 3 in this article. It gives you the number to call and they should be able to do it right there. I was on hold for about 15 min and then the Tesla employee added the code in like 2 min

Reactions: rjpjnk
I emailed Tesla ([email protected]) with my reservation number and referral code and they replied back in a couple of days indicating my account was updated. I won't know until I take delivery to check my 'Loot Box' to see if it actually went through.

"Your account has been updated, after you take delivery of your vehicle please see the Loot Box section of the Tesla Mobile App for available miles and expiration date."

so the email went out for dealers to start enrolling.... based on the presenter giving dealers at least 3 weeks time before program start date, that puts us around 7/7. I WILL TAKE IT!
When I watched the presentation - Charge Up New Jersey Dealer Portal Now Open for Enrollment - New Jersey Coalition of Automotive Retailers they would not commit to a launch date other than "Summer 2021". The NJ BPU is scheduled to vote on the NJ Clean Energy Program (CEP) FY22 budget, Docket QO21040720 at the June 24th, 10:00AM meeting. Here is the link for the meeting:
Guessing the launch date will be announced once the budget and program are approved, but no clue when that might be.
DON'T BUY YOUR EV BEFORE THE LAUNCH DATE! Incentives are NOT retroactive.
Looks like they are going to CAP the program at $45,000 MSRP for the $5,000 POS incentive and $55,000 MSRP for the $2,000 POS incentive, which is disappointing for Model Y buyers, like me. However, the "staff" will makes its recommendations at the meeting, so this could change.

When I watched the presentation - Charge Up New Jersey Dealer Portal Now Open for Enrollment - New Jersey Coalition of Automotive Retailers they would not commit to a launch date other than "Summer 2021". The NJ BPU is scheduled to vote on the NJ Clean Energy Program (CEP) FY22 budget, Docket QO21040720 at the June 24th, 10:00AM meeting. Here is the link for the meeting:
Guessing the launch date will be announced once the budget and program are approved, but no clue when that might be.
Looks like they are going to CAP the program at $45,000 MSRP for the $5,000 POS incentive and $55,000 MSRP for the $2,000 POS incentive, which is disappointing for Model Y buyers, like me. However, the "staff" will makes its recommendations at the meeting, so this could change.
Bummer. I was looking at getting the 7 seater MY, but since Tesla raised their price it might not qualify anymore.
Seems kind of silly to cap the price of the car. If it’s an EV, than it’s a win. Looking at the data the MY was the most purchased car and Tesla accounted for something like 90% of the cars sold.

Reactions: Nickyd
Does the qualification date of order apply to chargers also? It seems like if we buy a Tesla home charger we can apply for $250 NJ rebate if ordered on or after July 1, 2021? The details show you can apply for $250 twice in ten years, for the total of $500 available per address?
Any thoughts here for NJ owners... we are delaying electric work for this reason.

MY car price, NJ should not restrict your purchase price, it is unfair for so many reasons, actually it seems like it harms the consumer in many ways, starting with limiting consumer choice. Not going to open up the political can of worms here, but NJ Legislature / BPU needs a lesson on EV's.
:)

Tuesday, June 22
10 a.m. - 11 a.m. ET
Webinar @ 10.00 AM today
Don’t miss out on how your dealership will be able to save customers cash on eligible electric vehicles this summer. Join presenters from NJ CAR and the Center for Sustainable Energy for information on how to enroll in the program. Following the presentation, panelists will host a Q&A session. A recording will be available if you are unable to attend the live webinar.

So what's the latest on NJ EV Rebate 2021 Phase 2 POS rebate? Is it coming back starting July 1st ? I called the NJ Charge up program Phone number and left a message but no call back.

Have a Model Y ready for delivery and want to wait a week if it makes a difference