Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charge-Up NJ rebate program Phase 2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So with my delivery scheduled for Wednesday I talked to the SA and he told me that we can recreate the order but moving the VIN could be tricky since I can still lose the VIN if someone takes it the same time he doing it since it goes back in the pool. At this point it's not worth the $400 I'd gain since the price increased 1500 since I ordered. I'm just going thru with it.

So with my delivery scheduled for Wednesday I talked to the SA and he told me that we can recreate the order but moving the VIN could be tricky since I can still lose the VIN if someone takes it the same time he doing it since it goes back in the pool. At this point it's not worth the $400 I'd gain since the price increased 1500 since I ordered. I'm just going thru with it.
I'm pretty sure he is just lazy

If the funding starts to run low - right now it's at 74% - could I pay for it before delivery date ? I worry the funding will dry up before delivery.
Remember that 23% of the funds were already allocated for people owed money from last year’s program. 3% in 11 days isn’t bad at all (funds will still run out fairly fast but not immediately). Also, you only get the rebate at the time of delivery.

Reactions: TESRP and Chemios
You could but price will be adjusted to latest which might be atleast 1500$ more so u might not save a lot
I ordered my M3 in April and finally received my VIN and delivery date this week. Tesla SA was able to cancel my original order and apple my VIN and delivery date to the new order I placed yesterday to qualify for the $5k Charge UP incentive. My advice is to keep your old order until you receive the VIN. You will need to pay the new pricing but won't need to lose your place in line .

I ordered my M3 in April and finally received my VIN and delivery date this week. Tesla SA was able to cancel my original order and apple my VIN and delivery date to the new order I placed yesterday to qualify for the $5k Charge UP incentive. My advice is to keep your old order until you receive the VIN. You will need to pay the new pricing but won't need to lose your place in line .
Which location was able to do this?

When ordering and doing financing, should we be treating the rebate as a down payment to calculate where we want our monthly payments to be? I havent submitted that part yet as it's kind of confusing with the rebate.
This is what I did but I don’t believe you are agreeing to anything specific then. I could be wrong but I believe you can switch the financing stuff around between ordering it and paying for it.

I was confused why 23% went to people last year. I thought when the money ran out that was it.
I am in that 23% boat waiting for the money for past 7 months :) . Last year was a total mess what happened is they launched the program in May with full funding. Due to COVID the state re-aligned budget timings and pulled money away from various programs, the EV program had to give up $10+ million. In early December they realized they are going to run out of money very quickly and with minimal notice I think they came out on Dec 14th saying the cutoff date for the rebate was orders placed by Dec 15th qualify for the rebate. What they didn't expect was a lot of people pulled the trigger in the 48 hours time window and they would not have funds available. To meet the commitment they are pulling money from this years funding instead of increasing the dollars to the program, it is all a game of numbers. I hope this helps clarify your question

Reactions: JerseyShoreMY
When get assigned a vin, if you don't have the details in your signature, can you provide when you ordered (or removed from hold) and the configuration. Gives those of us still waiting "maybe" some insight into if their build is getting closer.
I have a pretty standard build: MY LR (5 seater), Midnight Silver Metallic, 19" Gemini Wheels, black interior, no tow hitch, no FSD.

I placed my original order back in October 2020 and went off hold probably in the last week of June. I was assigned a VIN on 6/30 with a 7/7-7/9 EDD, but that vehicle was removed from my account. I was then assigned another VIN around 7/12 and received an email on 7/16 to schedule my delivery between 7/26-7/28, so about a month after going off hold.

This is what I did but I don’t believe you are agreeing to anything specific then. I could be wrong but I believe you can switch the financing stuff around between ordering it and paying for it.
I switched from cash to finance after getting vin and message to schedule my delivery.. They want us to finalize asap after getting vin and atleast 3 days before delivery
I applied for tesla finance today and approved for 2.49 and dcu is in review