Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charge-Up NJ rebate program Phase 2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thank you, guess I should hold off on my HPWC purchase and install.... Unless this type of credit is generally retroactive?
We installed our Tesla Wall Connector this week.
If the July 7th start date does not apply, then the program might start on July 1 as was expected, or it is not helping those who waited this far.
Waiting for any government hand out, waste of time.

Did anyone confirm that the Tesla Wall Connector is even eligible for the NJ rebate since it doesn’t return data to the utility provider?

You still get the federal 30% off though (Max of $1000)

Welp, 30% is better than 0% at least.

Regarding the NJ rebate for wall connector, I was at a SC today for a test drive and when I asked an SA about such rebate she honestly said they have no idea right now and to keep checking the NJ clean energy site for more information.

• Informative
Reactions: JerseyShoreMY
If I put options in my model Y to go over 55k do I still get the rebate? It says, base MSRP, does the model y LR base MSRP qualify?
Depends on the options. Check the guidelines:

The MSRP cap will include all line items on the purchase or lease agreement which relate to the value of the vehicle itself (including but not limited to battery upgrades, autonomous upgrades, wheel and tire packages, audio and infotainment system). The MSRP cap will not include maintenance or vehicle care packages, additional vehicles accessories (ex: first aid kits, floor mats, cargo nets, etc.), destination and delivery charges, tax, registration fees, title fees, and documentation fees since these line items do not relate to the value of the vehicle itself, but rather to logistics, care, and maintenance of the vehicle.

just checked my order status. the bad news is, it's pushed out to October now.
the good news is, the NJ EV rebate is factored in to the itemized listing as its own line item for the overall cost of the car.
I'm curious where does it show the deduction of the NJ rebate, I've placed my order on 07/07 which should be eligible. however, my total cash breakdown doesn't show any deduction.
1627195775242.png

Yes. Mine has a line item under "Additional Credits" with my trade in value and the NJ EV rebate of $2k.
But while each day the past week the delivery date was moved by at least one day, and ultimately moved out to late October, today I have no delivery window listed. If the wait continues, I hope we wind up with 4680 batteries.

Reactions: EK-722
Yes. Mine has a line item under "Additional Credits" with my trade in value and the NJ EV rebate of $2k.
But while each day the past week the delivery date was moved by at least one day, and ultimately moved out to late October, today I have no delivery window listed. If the wait continues, I hope we wind up with 4680
Did you order online, Idk if I should reach out to Tesla and ask. 4680 would be the cherry on the top 🤞🏽