Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charge-Up NJ rebate program Phase 2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think @KtotheOC post was regarding a response from the chargeup people in charge of the program. Kind of sounds like we need to tell Tesla that they are ok with submitting the application even if no VIN is attached yet. As always with this program the communication could be way better here... Thinking about stopping by the princeton location because phone calls don't really seem to get me anywhere.
Maybe Tesla can submit it with a unique identifier like the RN just to prove it’s not some generic order.

I've tried emailing and contacting them asking on the status a couple times and haven't received any replies back.
I looked for the link but I can’t find it. There was a way a few months back to sign up through them and get informed about when the EVSE funding and program were approved. Just keep checking and you’ll find out. It will be posted here for sure.

I looked for the link but I can’t find it. There was a way a few months back to sign up through them and get informed about when the EVSE funding and program were approved. Just keep checking and you’ll find out. It will be posted here for sure.

Oddly enough I just received a response about the $250 charger rebate. Perhaps someone from there is reading this same exact thread!!

Good Afternoon,

Thank you for your interest in the Charge Up New Jersey incentive. The Charge Up New Jersey program to incentivize in-home EV charging stations is currently under development with no anticipated start date. However, funding for the in-home EV charging incentive program is unaffected by the FY22 Point-of-Sale program pause.

Current information on New Jersey's EV charging stations can be found at Electric Vehicle Incentive Programs | NJ OCE Web Site. You can opt in for email updates on the launch of the program by clicking “subscribe to eNewsletter.”

I feel like next year's rebate could be very different with the potential federal rebate too. They may decide to put even more restrictions or offer less for each sale since the federal rebate would probably be rather large.

What do I know though.

@mister_two I'm glad to know of another in my same situation. Feels good to not be the only one! Misery loves company and all that. Maybe we'll get lucky and it will get here earlier in October (doubtful) 🙃
I am in same boat..ordered 7/25, EDD is Oct 16- Nov 5

Oddly enough I just received a response about the $250 charger rebate. Perhaps someone from there is reading this same exact thread!!
This is what I found about EV charger incentive:
1631819226241.png

Right now, for EV chargers installations in NJ, here are the rebates we get right now, please add if i missed any:

1. Federal tax credit of 30% (U.S. federal tax credit gives individuals 30% off a electric vehicle charging station plus installation costs (up to $1,000). Must purchase and install by December 31, 2021, and claim the credit on your federal tax return.)
2. If PSEG, PSEG gives below on eligible chargers (tesla charger not included as they dont share data)
  • Up to $1,500 toward the behind the meter installation of a residential Level 2 charger
  • Credit on charging during off-peak periods to help lower your bill
So, considering installation costs 1500, have PSEG and buy a chargepoint charger, we will get:
$2675 (Federal credit of $925 + ChargeUp credit of $250 + PSEG credit of $1500) when we paid $2250 ($750 charger + $1500 installation), so we can pocket around $425, just for installing EV charger. am i correct?

Last edited:
Reactions: asaggesejr
This is what I found about EV charger incentive:
View attachment 710188

Right now, for EV chargers installations in NJ, here are the rebates we get right now, please add if i missed any:

1. Federal tax credit of 30% (U.S. federal tax credit gives individuals 30% off a electric vehicle charging station plus installation costs (up to $1,000). Must purchase and install by December 31, 2021, and claim the credit on your federal tax return.)
2. If PSEG, PSEG gives below on eligible chargers (tesla charger not included as they dont share data)
  • Up to $1,500 toward the behind the meter installation of a residential Level 2 charger
  • Credit on charging during off-peak periods to help lower your bill
So, considering installation costs 1500, have PSEG and buy a chargepoint charger, we will get:
$2675 (Federal credit of $925 + ChargeUp credit of $250 + PSEG credit of $1500) when we paid $2250 ($750 charger + $1500 installation), so we can pocket around $425, just for installing EV charger. am i correct?
Where can I get that form?

Could you share how you filled this form?

It appears you need to have some portion of business/investment use of the charging (part II)

I get it.
for personal use:
line 1 is your total cost. Ex: 1750
line 2 would be the amount of that used by a business. For personal that is 0.
subtract 2 from 1.
Line 10 would then be 1750
line 11 would be 30% of that: 550
550 is your number.
to get a negative number line 2 would need to be more than line 1

Reactions: te$laWhy