Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charge-Up NJ rebate program Phase 2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have LR scheduled delivery between Nov-Dec. I'm going to delay it 'til 2022. My other SR+ is scheduled for mid November, it'll be tough decision since I got the car at 40k instead of 44k today, and with 5k NJ rebate, it's cheaper than 8k federal tax credit if I have to place a new order. Who knows how NJ rebate is going to turn out, is it going to run out in under 2 months now?

So my delivery was moved up form Friday to tomorrow and I just got the "your tesla agreements are ready" email to go in and accept everything. I have the NJ rebate -2000 on my final payment area on the main order page.. but when I go to the agreements and the breakdowns I see they list my down payment as 2000 more as in they aren't accounting for the rebate there. Anyone else see this?

So my delivery was moved up form Friday to tomorrow and I just got the "your tesla agreements are ready" email to go in and accept everything. I have the NJ rebate -2000 on my final payment area on the main order page.. but when I go to the agreements and the breakdowns I see they list my down payment as 2000 more as in they aren't accounting for the rebate there. Anyone else see this?
I saw something similar, but when I get directed to the Plaid payment screen (or if I choose the finance option), it is clearly taking the rebate into account

There is no “at delivery”. You either pay ahead of time, finance, or show up with a cashier’s check in the proper amount. They don’t accept credit cards, personal checks, or cash at delivery. So, if there is an extra 2k owed at delivery, I’m not going to have a car.
Why not bring a friend in case you need the $2K.
You can always sell the MY later that week for more than paid I would bet, if you really had to.

Whatever happened with this? Did you end up having to pay an extra 2k or?

Why not bring an additional $2k cashier check you can whip out if needed?

I paid with Plaid ahead of time so my delivery experience involved talking to almost nobody from Tesla. The only time I had to chat with them was some confusion on how to unlock the car. Basically you have to to your account on the website (not the app) and click “Accept Delivery”. After that, you then log out of the app and log back in.

There was no need to find another 2K

Fit and finish were good. The only thing was the right headlight felt a bit raised up compared to the left. I’m going to bring it up with the service center to see if they can adjust it.

I have the $5000 credit on my current reservation with my VIN assigned. If I put order on hold until 2022 for the federal tax credit does anyone know if I keep the NJ credit? I already signed the paperwork for the rebate.

I have the $5000 credit on my current reservation with my VIN assigned. If I put order on hold until 2022 for the federal tax credit does anyone know if I keep the NJ credit? I already signed the paperwork for the rebate.
I'm on the same boat. If the BBB passes, then even if we lose the 5k from NJ, it's still worth it. My plan is to wait until it's close to the earliest delivery date which is Nov 26 - Dec 24th. Hopefully by Nov 26th we'd know for sure if the bill passes or not. The date was just pushed out from Nov 14-Nov 28.

I wouldn’t count on that. At some point the credit has to disappear. We just don’t know that date.

Just because it shows in the order now doesn’t mean that it stays there forever.
You're absolutely right, it's a gamble almost. This is also why I'm not touching my delivery date. The worst thing that can happen is Congress doesn't pass the EV bill and NJ runs out of money for charge up. BUT BUT BUT, even that, we can still take delivery and flip the car for a profit.

Bottom line, you can't lose buying a tesla :)

Reactions: JerseyShoreMY