Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charge-Up NJ rebate program Phase 2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Reactions: Naderh3697
I was assigned a VIN 209xxx over the weekend and has EDD June 17-23. If I put hold now I think I will get it only after August 😑
I received a 209xxx VIN yesterday, EDD June 16-24. I was going to hold off, but we need a second car in early July and want FSD. If the rebate is cut to $2k and I buy FSD afterwards, that's only a $1300 savings (down from $5k and factoring in post-purchase sales tax in NJ) and there's still too much uncertainty coupled with the fact I could be pushed back months if I don't move forward. It looks like late June here we come...

I received a 209xxx VIN yesterday, EDD June 16-24. I was going to hold off, but we need a second car in early July and want FSD. If the rebate is cut to $2k and I buy FSD afterwards, that's only a $1300 savings (down from $5k and factoring in post-purchase sales tax in NJ) and there's still too much uncertainty coupled with the fact I could be pushed back months if I don't move forward. It looks like late June here we come...
I had a chat with Tesla regarding my thoughts on postponing to after July. My SA emailed me that VIN is unassigned and the order is on Hold. I doubt if NJ BPU updates us till mid July.

Trying to time a July 1 delivery for MYLR, but receive an EDD today of 6/8 - 6/11. Strange part is my VIN is 192XXX which seems to be way older than some of the more recent 200xxx vins delivering this week. Wonder what that’s all about.

So I put my order on hold... I went to check the site to see what the latest wait times are... SEPTEMBER! wtf I wonder if they are upgrading it or something. maybe the new battery pack?
1623242755467.png

No new battery packs until Austin comes online is the rumor. It is just demand that is causing the dates far into the future. I totally expect Telsa to announce that 3rd quarter is sold out at some point in July, kind of like what they did in May for Q2.