Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charge-Up NJ rebate program Phase 2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone know when 2022 MY will start Rollin out? Has to be soon I assume.

My September delivery date just got updated today to July 16- August 6th.
I doubt youll see a revised 2022 MY within the next 8 months. Elon isn't focused on a new model y until Austin is running and can produce the new batteries.

They just altered the new 2021 console and trim recently.

Sigh, I really need an SUV for more space and the Model Y AWD being at almost 53K MSRP and only getting 2K$ rebate isn't really worth it anymore. Guess I'll just get a Model 3 Sedan RWD for 40K$- 5K$ = 35K$. Almost a 16K$ difference between RWD and AWD and bit more extra storage to me isn't really worth it

Sigh, I really need an SUV for more space and the Model Y AWD being at almost 53K MSRP and only getting 2K$ rebate isn't really worth it anymore. Guess I'll just get a Model 3 Sedan RWD for 40K$- 5K$ = 35K$. Almost a 16K$ difference between RWD and AWD and bit more extra storage to me isn't really worth it
Yup, I was in the same boat. 16k is to much of a difference. Will need for sure winter tires here in jersey though.

Reactions: FREE HURRICANE
Spoke with a Tesla rep today to see what the next steps will be with my order. They pretty much told me to wait this out till BPU updates their website with a start date. Just have to wait and then we will see if Tesla can in any way alter the order.

Reactions: AmunRa51
Go test drive the MY again.
Then let us know. Also, waiting on NJ State to act this year has been a bad deal for Tesla EV customers . The prices keep going up on MY.
One thing we really do not miss is wasting time at the gas pump. And that cost is now gone in both time (more important) and money.
Good luck!
You can't complain about wasting time at a gas pump. Wasting money? Surely. Gas pump is light years ahead of time spent reFILLING driving capacity.

You can't complain about wasting time at a gas pump. Wasting money? Surely. Gas pump is light years ahead of time spent reFILLING driving capacity.
We plug in at night like the cell phone.
When we rest, the battery charges. Keeps it ready for the next day.
If you need speed, charging the 110V method is slow, so yes, a new Tesla Wall charger is in order with a dedicated circuit.

We plug in at night like the cell phone.
When we rest, the battery charges. Keeps it ready for the next day.
If you need speed, charging the 110V method is slow, so yes, a new Tesla Wall charger is in order with a dedicated circuit.
I get it, I have a MS along with several ICE vehicles. 5 minutes at a gas pump gets me 500 miles. A 800 mile road trip involves 1 stop to gas up. 800 miles in the Tesla takes a bit longer.

Reactions: JerseyShoreMY
Phase Two - The Point-of-Sale (“POS”) Program: Dealerships and showrooms must enroll to participate in the Program by providing dealership and showroom contact and Automated Clearing House (“ACH”) information via the dedicated program website in advance of the Program’s launch. Upon verification of information submitted through the enrollment application, representatives will gain access to a log-in portal to submit applications and check the status of existing applications on behalf of their customers. The CSE will provide dealerships with training on the incentive reimbursement application process and Program requirements. For an individual to receive the incentive, they must purchase or lease an eligible EV from a participating dealership or showroom in the State of New Jersey. Dealership representatives will verify vehicle and applicant eligibility at the POS. After verifying eligibility, the representative will be required to reduce the contracted purchase or lease price by the full incentive amount. The incentive must be reflected as a clearly identifiable line item deduction in the contract. The representative will upload the required documentation to the Program application portal. Required documentation for each incentive application includes: • New Jersey vehicle registration; • Signed and executed vehicle contract; • Proof of New Jersey Driver’s License or Military Orders; and a • Signed copy of the Program Terms and Conditions.*

That doesn't sound quick to build or implement. I hope they have already built out the website- if not I can see this taking months to implement.

Incentive CalculationDetermining Factor
$25 per all-electric mile, maximum of $5,000Eligible Electric Vehicle, MSRP up to $45,000
$25 per all-electric mile, maximum of $2,000Eligible Electric Vehicle, MSRP between $45,000 and $55,000

I know this is the MY forum, but based on program terms there is no way I'm getting a MY and missing on potential $3k in savings. I will get a M3 when the time comes.

Last edited:
This incentive won’t go by order date. It will go by car registration date. Dunno when it will start but my guess is July7th but no later then August.

Look at page 30 of the budget document that was approved:
C. Based on stakeholder feedback, the filing clarified that Vehicles ordered in advance of Phase Two, Point-of-Sale Program, launch will not be eligible for an incentive.

Or, look at page 157 of the budget document that was approved

3.Acknowledge that the entirety of the purchase or lease for an eligible vehicle must occur on or after the official launch of Phase Two, the Point-of -Sale Program, and in the State of New Jersey at a participating dealership or showroom.
a.Vehicles ordered in advance of the launch of Phase Two, Point-of -Sale Program will not be eligible for an incentive.

or, look at page 158 of the budget document that was approved
Ineligible vehicles under the Program include:
•Aftermarket plug-in hybrid EVs;
•EV conversions;
•Electric scooters;
•Electric all-terrain vehicles;
•Neighborhood or low speed EVs;
•Electric motorcycles, as well as other two or three wheeled EVs;
•Pre-owned plug-in EVs;
•Any vehicles purchased or leased outside the State of New Jersey;
•Any vehicles purchased, ordered, or leased prior to the launch of Year Two; and
•Any vehicle purchased, ordered, or leased after the FY22 funds have been exhausted.