Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charge-Up NJ rebate program Phase 2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wow, congrats. What does the email from Tesla look like asking for Payment? I thought the VIN gets assigned before payment?

Also, which location did you select for pickup?
I ordered my M3 LR on July 7th and my estimated delivery date is gone, but curious to know what’s next in the process. Will they ask for proof of insurance or payment information?

I ordered my M3 LR on July 7th and my estimated delivery date is gone, but curious to know what’s next in the process. Will they ask for proof of insurance or payment information?
I'm not sure if the VIN had shown up first, as I hadn't logged in to check, but I did get an email titled "2021 Model 3 Cash Final Payment Ready" with a button to go to my account. When I got in there I obviously still had no proof of insurance, the review documents button was grayed out, and then a third area to assign payment details was there. It was super easy and even my local bank was listed to do electronic transfer.

And then when I went back to my main car management page I noticed the VIN was there. I didn't get a specific notification it was assigned though. So I'm guessing you'll only see that by logging in yourself.

I also started the process of selling my 2019 SR+ to Carvana. They're giving me $37,550. With the rebate the 2021 came out to $38,500. So it was kind of a no brainer to pay about a grand for a brand new M3 with better specs.

Reactions: MG535
I'm not sure if the VIN had shown up first, as I hadn't logged in to check, but I did get an email titled "2021 Model 3 Cash Final Payment Ready" with a button to go to my account. When I got in there I obviously still had no proof of insurance, the review documents button was grayed out, and then a third area to assign payment details was there. It was super easy and even my local bank was listed to do electronic transfer.

And then when I went back to my main car management page I noticed the VIN was there. I didn't get a specific notification it was assigned though. So I'm guessing you'll only see that by logging in yourself.

I also started the process of selling my 2019 SR+ to Carvana. They're giving me $37,550. With the rebate the 2021 came out to $38,500. So it was kind of a no brainer to pay about a grand for a brand new M3 with better specs.
Where is your pick up location?

What time did you place your order on 7/6? Did you complete all the steps on 7/6? Trade in, financing, etc. Also, what color combo did you get?
I placed in the middle of the morning from what I remember. And no, I really didn't do anything except the deposit. I just put cash for payment and then waited for them to tell me to do stuff. The only thing I filled out was the registration info.

Star I got this email I did the payment, and then the insurance. Still waiting to review documents but apparently that doesn't enable until the day before delivery.

I'm getting a White Model 3 SR+ with sport wheels and white interior. Replacing a white 2019 M3.

I placed in the middle of the morning from what I remember. And no, I really didn't do anything except the deposit. I just put cash for payment and then waited for them to tell me to do stuff. The only thing I filled out was the registration info.

Star I got this email I did the payment, and then the insurance. Still waiting to review documents but apparently that doesn't enable until the day before delivery.

I'm getting a White Model 3 SR+ with sport wheels and white interior. Replacing a white 2019 M3.
That’s awesome! I hope I hear back soon but I doubt it since I don’t even have a delivery date anymore.

Has anyone had an experience with NJ coming after their 5K rebate from Phase I for selling a previous car that wasn’t owned for three years? Apparently it’s in the guidelines that that can come after your rebate so be careful.
It’s possible since it’s part of the rules but I wouldn’t think it’s likely. You’re giving the government way too much credit.

Reactions: EnrgyNDpndnce