Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charge-Up NJ rebate program Phase 2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
With the latest price hike ($55,990), the Model 3 LR no longer qualifies for any potential NJ rebate barring a change in MSRP cap.

ChargePoint sales rep told me he does not believe caps will be changing this year, “maybe 2023”.

Last edited:
For those that are wondering, the date is based on when you ordered NOT when you take delivery. I ordered last year in August, I didn't take delivery until February of this year, still got full 5k instant rebate. GREAT DEAL for a 2022 model 3 for 36k after rebate. Now just need to run the car to the ground.

Will the charge-up program be retuning for 2022?
Looks like NJBPPU has a proposal for 2023 fiscal year already with the following incentives:
1. <$45K - $4000 rebate
2. $45K-$55K - $2000 rebate
https://njcleanenergy.com/files/file/1/FY23 Charge Up New Jersey Filing clean.pdf

Based on the draft document, people who ordered the car before the start of the program are ineligible for a rebate. It seems you can still make comments for this program and hopefully it will change to "purchase only".
https://nj.gov/bpu/pdf/publicnotice/Notice_RequestforComments_FY23_ChargeUp.pdf

Buyers still get great sales tax savings in NJ, but if you‘re interested in Tesla the rebate is not for you anymore, unfortunately.

Finally, launch of the charger incentive is a welcome addition to the rebate program. $250 per address makes the Tesla Wall Connector $150 all-in less install cost. Cheaper than the mobile adapter.

Last edited:
Reactions: anapon
Buyers still get great sales tax savings in NJ, but if you‘re interested in Tesla the rebate is not for you anymore, unfortunately.

Finally, launch of the charger incentive is a welcome addition to the rebate program. $250 per address makes the Tesla Wall Connector $150 all-in less install cost. Cheaper than the mobile adapter.
If the data collection requirements are the same as the pseg program the Tesla chargers might not be eligible for the rebate.