Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charge Your Non-Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
On the Tesla app, there is now a section for "Charge Your Non-Tesla." This appears to be imminent. I don't see anything available here yet though.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220803-130724_Tesla.jpg
    Screenshot_20220803-130724_Tesla.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 236
  • Screenshot_20220803-131055_Tesla.jpg
    Screenshot_20220803-131055_Tesla.jpg
    185.9 KB · Views: 137
Yup, same here with version 4.11.1-1195; nothing shown in the US but Europe is a different story:

Screenshot_20220803-124526_Tesla.jpg

edit: Whoops! There is ONE private site listed in the US: Lincoln SM in Santa Monica, CA.

edit2: It's an apartment property. There are 6 wall chargers on site according to the Tesla app, that cost $0.21/kWh. However, I can't find anything about them in the site's Amenities section: View Our Amenities | Lincoln SM

Last edited:
Refer to three articles in this thread.
For those seeking it, do you have more than one Tesla in your account?

Has anyone realised that some non-Tesla vehicles are going to take TWO supercharger stalls for one car because of the location of the other make chargeport
If this happens a lot then it could become problematic for Tesla owners.
Although I'm glad that Tesla are doing this as I would now consider not buying a Tesla as my next EV!

Attachments

• stall-hog.jpg
    stall-hog.jpg
    349.6 KB · Views: 89
Although I'm glad that Tesla are doing this as I would now consider not buying a Tesla as my next EV!
But also non-Tesla drivers would consider getting a Tesla after experiencing the Tesla Supercharger high density and reliability.

This also allows Tesla getting some additional grants founding.

Note: I wonder if it would be possible to park next to a Cyber truck charging, or between two cyber trucks charging !!!

Last edited:
Has anyone realised that some non-Tesla vehicles are going to take TWO supercharger stalls for one car because of the location of the other make chargeport
Yes, of course. It's been talked about a lot in some other threads. I've seen some of the proposed CAD drawings of Tesla's proposed new V4 Supercharger, and it seems to have a much longer cord. That seems to me to be for this purpose of needing to reach to more different sides of the parking spaces or other ends of the cars in this future use with other car models.

Reactions: boywonder
I don't see it on my Tesla App. How do you get to it?
On iOS, click on your avatar (generic head and shoulders if you haven’t customized it yet) in the top-right corner of the app. Once there, scroll to the right on the icons right below your name (vehicle(s), Get Tesla Insurance, Tesla Shop, Order Now, Charge Your Non-Tesla). This section of the app is shown in the first picture on the first post in this thread…

Reactions: theothertom
On iOS, click on your avatar (generic head and shoulders if you haven’t customized it yet) in the top-right corner of the app. Once there, scroll to the right on the icons right below your name (vehicle(s), Get Tesla Insurance, Tesla Shop, Order Now, Charge Your Non-Tesla). This section of the app is shown in the first picture on the first post in this thread…
Thanks!!! I found it, thanks to you. I spent hours looking for it before I asked here. That sure will be useful for me. I own five EVs (will soon be six) and the one I use most is the ones that need CCS such as my Energica motorcycle. Will soon be Energica motorcycles, as I have had the Energica Experia on order since June 1.

For an example, Lake Topaz, NV only has Tesla Superchargers and that is one I will find very helpful to take a ride down to Bridgeport, CA. Electric motorcycles don't have much range, so having more places to charge up is very important.

I owned my 2018 Tesla M3 LR AWD since new. I have charged it on the road two times since then. My motorcycles, almost every ride. But my range is very limited because around a third of the CCS chargers here in NV don't work. Those have been broken for around a year. The only fast reliable DC system is Telsa, the one I now need the least. But I will need it the most when I can charge my CCS electric motorcycles with it.

I wonder when that will happen. Tesla Superchargers will go from my least used to my most used as soon as they are possible to use with CCS EVs.

-Don- Reno, NV

Reactions: Genie
None of the sites seem to be Tesla charging stations, they are private chargers - mostly in apartment complexes.
They are Tesla wall connectors that the site host is using Tesla to bill for the usage of.

I have no idea why this info is even in the app right now.
So that people that live in those apartment complexes and have a non-Tesla EV can use the chargers.

Last edited:
Reactions: RTPEV
They are Tesla wall connectors that the site host is using Tesla to bill for the usage of.

So that people that live in those apartment complexes and have a non-Tesla vehicle can use the chargers.
Interesting, so they need the Tesla app to unlock the Tesla wall charger and pay for the use? Since this is to charge "Non-Tesla" vehicles, does that mean these will always be the Tesla J1772 wall connectors?

Interesting, so they need the Tesla app to unlock the Tesla wall charger and pay for the use?
Not really "unlock", but yes, to start a charging session a non-Tesla has to scan QR code on the wall connector, or enter the number, and start the charging via the app. (If you have a Tesla you just plug in and will be billed like using a Supercharger.) Some Supercharger sites have started to have these wall connectors installed for non-Tesla use as well.

Since this is to charge "Non-Tesla" vehicles, does that mean these will always be the Tesla J1772 wall connectors?
I don't know that they have to be J1772 versions, it could be that non-Tesla EV owners would have to buy one of the available NACS to J1772 adapters so that they could use the NACS wall connectors.

Reactions: JCLJorgenson