Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charged to 100%, battery maxed at 299

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Had the car for one year now. LR RWD. 13,200 miles. First time today I charged to 100%. It’s been run down to 2-3% a couple of times. I usually charge to 80% most days. Attached is my Stats app battery log.

Per the algorithm, I’ve lost 7-8% in one year.

What are you thoughts?

Attachments

• DA4BD5D5-9CC3-47E5-98CA-17C5FC08E3B6.jpeg
    DA4BD5D5-9CC3-47E5-98CA-17C5FC08E3B6.jpeg
    98.8 KB · Views: 116
I already put this in another thread, but putting here also as it fits.

For the first 4 months or so I charged to 90% every night regardless of where my battery was at. During that time it charged to 279 miles at 90% every night .

About 2 months ago we have the idea that maybe we should only charge when we needed to, so we started charging when the battery got below 50% only and sometimes would go 3 days with no charging. During this time I saw my battery steadily drop to a low of 268 miles at 90%

A month ago I started charging to 90& nightly again regardless of battery status. I have steadily climbed back up and this morning was at 278 @ 90%.

At least my Tesla for this one specific items, likes being plugged in daily it seems.

The display estimates range based on EPA figures and the battery managements system estimates of battery health.

It would likely take a number of cycles for it to have a better estimate of the 100% charge since your rarely go above 80%. Switch the display to show battery % instead of miles and don't worry about it.

I already put this in another thread, but putting here also as it fits.

For the first 4 months or so I charged to 90% every night regardless of where my battery was at. During that time it charged to 279 miles at 90% every night .

About 2 months ago we have the idea that maybe we should only charge when we needed to, so we started charging when the battery got below 50% only and sometimes would go 3 days with no charging. During this time I saw my battery steadily drop to a low of 268 miles at 90%

A month ago I started charging to 90& nightly again regardless of battery status. I have steadily climbed back up and this morning was at 278 @ 90%.

At least my Tesla for this one specific items, likes being plugged in daily it seems.

For a little over a year, I've mostly charged to 80%, some periods 90%. I charge once, maybe twice a week and just crossing 25,000 miles.

I also take it to 100% every few months, not to just do it, but because I'm taking a trip.

Still charging to 311 at 100%

Because Tesla won't give us a clear, straight answer about the best charging practices.

Eh? Have you read your owners manual? It's quite clear.

https://www.tesla.com/sites/default/files/model_s_owners_manual_north_america_en_us.pdf

About the Battery

Model S has one of the most sophisticated battery systems in the world. The most important way to preserve the Battery is to LEAVE YOUR VEHICLE PLUGGED IN when you are not using it. This is particularly important if you are not planning to drive Model S for several weeks. When plugged in, Model S wakes up when needed to automatically maintain a charge level that maximizes the lifetime of the Battery. Note: When left idle and unplugged, your vehicle periodically uses energy from the Battery for system tests and recharging the 12V battery when necessary. There is no advantage to waiting until the Battery’s level is low before charging. In fact, the Battery performs best when charged regularly.

Reactions: TexasEV
Had the car for one year now. LR RWD. 13,200 miles. First time today I charged to 100%. It’s been run down to 2-3% a couple of times. I usually charge to 80% most days. Attached is my Stats app battery log.

Per the algorithm, I’ve lost 7-8% in one year.

What are you thoughts?
I like to charge my 100D to 100% every 3 to 4 months even after charging to 100% your battery will still take power of you notice it's balancing your battery cells always let your battery pack finish this to ensure a healthy battery pack mine is 2017 and I barely, barley lost 3% range. Let me know if you would like for me to share more of my battery suggestions.

• Helpful
Reactions: Tforme