Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

ChargeFox EV charging Network

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
NRMA has teamed up with Chargefox to install dual 350kw fast chargers and a dual 50kw fast chargers (one yet to be installed) next to the Gundagai Tesla supercharger. (Photo from Craig Hind in TOCA FB group).

69778292_10158459853127316_4714596368302211072_o.jpg

Reactions: Jays200 and Chuq
To be honest, it makes perfect sense. All the Victoria Chargefox ultra-rapid sites have RACV branding. The Toombul site has RACQ branding. The announcement about the Campbell Town site was a co-branded press release from RACT and Chargefox.
And of course, NRMA's activity on the Hume and Pacific Highways have been very light on.

The big question is, do these count towards both Chargefox's 22 stations and NRMA's 40 stations? :D (my guess is it counts only as a Chargefox site)

Nice! I see the "Central Tasmania" one is at Kings Meadows. I think I would have preferred Campbell Town (very convenient place to stop when driving between Hobart and Launceston), but I'll certainly take this!
Hopefully Evie out one in Campbell Town then.

I'm fairly certain Kings Meadows is not going to be the final location :) Perth/Longford would be better if that's the part of the state their aiming for. People don't detour into Launceston when driving from the north-west to the south. At the moment they go through Perth, though soon Perth will be bypassed and will be in a similar situation to Longford.

Reactions: baillies
I'm fairly certain Kings Meadows is not going to be the final location :) Perth/Longford would be better if that's the part of the state their aiming for. People don't detour into Launceston when driving from the north-west to the south. At the moment they go through Perth, though soon Perth will be bypassed and will be in a similar situation to Longford.
That would make a lot more sense!

Reactions: Chuq
From @moemoke in the NRMA thread, so crossposting here:

Chargers at Moe almost ready, they are located at Old Gippstown which is on the Western end of Moe about 200m off the Princes Freeway East bound (also accessible for West bound traffic)
Looks like 2 different sorts of chargers so not sure if they have different rates, photo was from a few days ago, looks like it just needed the carpark sealing work to be finished.
One issue maybe that they have a big car show here on Fathers day and fence of this area for the show, I'm not sure how they will cope with people wanting to charge at that time.
The chargers look like Tritium brand not the Chargefox that are also rumored for Moe.

img_3864-jpg.471274

Not 100% sure about the last line - these *are* the Chargefox ones. This is the address listed in their app, and they have the Chargefox logo at the top. Chargefox use a mix of ABB and Tritium brand hardware (in this case they are all Tritium).

CCS2 adaptors for type 2 cars, while on the Tesla web site are not yet available in Australia. I checked. This is a real pain since J1772 seems to be being phased out. The NRMA chargers in Pokolbin Hunter valley are CCS@ and ChaDemo. Useless to me in my type2 only car!