Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

ChargeFox EV charging Network

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
One thing I forgot to mention is that I received Tesla notifications when my “supercharging” was complete, and not only that, but I could be charged “idle fees” if I took too long to return to my car :D

I assume that happens to others using the ultra-rapid chargers? Telsa thinks you’re at a supercharger?

The console map still doesn’t show the third-party rapid chargers that I’ve used, which I thought was going to be a feature added in a previous update.

One thing I forgot to mention is that I received Tesla notifications when my “supercharging” was complete, and not only that, but I could be charged “idle fees” if I took too long to return to my car :D

I assume that happens to others using the ultra-rapid chargers? Telsa thinks you’re at a supercharger?

Never seen that with the Evie ultrarapids.

Their own app alerts you fine though. (I haven't seen a Tesla Supercharger alert from Chargefox either, but the only one of their ultrarapids I've tried, the session didn't break past 50kW for whatever reason).
CCS2 Native (Model 3), CCS2 Tesla Adapter (S/X) or CHAdeMO Adapter (S/X)?

My Model 3 SR+ sometimes sees 160kW briefly on ChargeFox, around 10-15% SoC. Typically 90-110kW. It won’t drag below 50kW until it’s up in the vicinity of 70-80%.

CCS2 Native (Model 3), CCS2 Tesla Adapter (S/X) or CHAdeMO Adapter (S/X)?

My Model 3 SR+ sometimes sees 160kW briefly on ChargeFox, around 10-15% SoC. Typically 90-110kW. It won’t drag below 50kW until it’s up in the vicinity of 70-80%.

Also an SR+. I think it was just the vagaries of temperature (outside and/or battery) and phase of the moon, I've seen 170 I think briefly on the same Tritium hardware at an Evie site. I may be stopping at Chargefox Karuah early in the new year so I'll see how that goes.

Reactions: PC__LoadLetter
"We’ll be opening a further four charging stations this summer"

That is presumably Coffs Harbour, Port Macquarie, Cooma and West Perth
(Being the only 4 remaining planned locations on the Chargefox map)

Just had a look at Moonee Beach (just to the north of Coffs Harbour) and can't see any signs of early construction work, though there's a couple of likely looking places in the Moonee Marketplace carpark with existing distribution subs (so underground HV feeders already there).

I assume that happens to others using the ultra-rapid chargers? Telsa thinks you’re at a supercharger?.

Yes, this is actually incredibly frustrating because in the USA they dont consider that a Tesla would ever DC charge on anything but a supercharger so as far as the car and the company is concerned any DC charging is supercharging.

That means i.e. that charging at a 25kw DC charger will cause your chargegate kwh to accumulate (even though 25kw is barely causing more stress than AC charging) and it also means that i.e. on a 50kw charger you use 7kw all the time to heat the battery even though that is clearly not needed which means 25% of the electricity you use just gets wasted. And it obviously slows your chargerate down too.

A ChargeFox station has just been installed (although not in service yet) in the car park of the Kurrawa Surf Club in Broadbeach on the Gold Coast. I saw them painting the two car spots green the other day.

The carpark is always full so a win for EV drivers looking for a spot, a charge and a surf.

Attachments

• 569D723A-06B1-4A40-9534-9E12C720988B.jpeg
    569D723A-06B1-4A40-9534-9E12C720988B.jpeg
    503.2 KB · Views: 62
  • AFC9A149-217A-4711-90DF-90CA1CD62AE2.jpeg
    AFC9A149-217A-4711-90DF-90CA1CD62AE2.jpeg
    759.5 KB · Views: 51
  • EFCB22C8-8D3C-4D21-BAE8-C29F9D218EE1.jpeg
    EFCB22C8-8D3C-4D21-BAE8-C29F9D218EE1.jpeg
    630.4 KB · Views: 47
Reactions: Vostok
A ChargeFox station has just been installed (although not in service yet) in the car park of the Kurrawa Surf Club in Broadbeach on the Gold Coast. I saw them painting the two car spots green the other day.

The carpark is always full so a win for EV drivers looking for a spot, a charge and a surf.

That looks like one of Tritium's new 75kW units (it's not part of Chargefox's ultra-rapid network).

Reactions: Chuq and moa999
ChargeFox includes most levels of chargers from 7Kw up to 350Kw.
I’ve checked both the QLD Electric Super Highway and ChargeFox websites and neither have a charger or coming soon icon on their interactive maps so I think the jury is out as to which network at this stage.

ChargeFox includes most levels of chargers from 7Kw up to 350Kw.
I’ve checked both the QLD Electric Super Highway and ChargeFox websites and neither have a charger or coming soon icon on their interactive maps so I think the jury is out as to which network at this stage.

It has Gold Coast City Council branding on it, so I'd say it's theirs (but obviously managed through the Chargefox app).

Reactions: Chuq
My bet is this one will either be in use and/or ICE'd all the time. One charger in such an ideal location.
We have already had people saying they will charge while they go surfing or to the gym, both activities usually take more than an hour.

Given the Chargefox NRMA discount, their sites at Cooma and Gundagai, and a mid-week public holiday, I’m doing a quick lap of the Snowy Mountains Highway on Tuesday in my SR+.

See the more breathtaking parts of Australia on Australia Day, and appreciate the sacrifices of our forebears.

It’s prescient that Chargefox’s sites are at the Snowy Hydro visitors centre in Cooma, and the Pioneers Memorial at Gundagai.

Infinitely more appropriate than bloody wineries when you want to stay below 0.05!

Reactions: Chuq