Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

ChargeFox EV charging Network

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Last edited:
Not sure if this has been noted before, but Chargefox do not seem to provide a link on their website to apply for their RFID card. If it's there, it's well hidden! I asked their support how to do it, and there is a link here.
Yes, they hide it well. It seems they would really prefer to not issue RFIDs if they can help it, and want people to only use the App. You have to provide a reason as to why you want one. I got one as a backup, in case the mobile phone network is ever off the air or the charger I want to use happens to be in a poor mobile coverage location.

Not sure if this has been noted before, but Chargefox do not seem to provide a link on their website to apply for their RFID card. If it's there, it's well hidden! I asked their support how to do it, and there is a link here.

If you have an Evie card you can enter it's serial in the Chargefox app and use for both. (and vice versa, I believe). May even work with any random RFID fob if you know the MAC it puts out. Can scan with NFC app on phone to read.

If you have an Evie card you can enter it's serial in the Chargefox app and use for both. (and vice versa, I believe). May even work with any random RFID fob if you know the MAC it puts out. Can scan with NFC app on phone to read.

That's cool. I just ordered my ChargeFox card. Once I get it, I'll try adding my Evie card to the app.
I don't want to do it before in case it stuffs something up in the process.
I see that ChargeFox has ALREADY loaded my RFID card number to the app. Very efficient, I only ordered this morning when I saw the link above.

I don't want to do it before in case it stuffs something up in the process.
I see that ChargeFox has ALREADY loaded my RFID card number to the app. Very efficient, I only ordered this morning when I saw the link above.

Chargefox said they posted it on a Monday, but I didn't receive it till the Friday the week after (prob Aus Post issue). I was impatient and added the Evie card with no issues even though the Chargefox entry was in there too. It allows multiple entries / fobs so there will be no problems. Tested at a charger and all OK.

Nice Looking Visitor at the ChargeFox Station in Euroa this morning.

Only charges at 30kw Peak....so we Tesla owners shouldn't complain too badly about our charge speeds.

Attachments

• IMG20210224102634.jpg
    IMG20210224102634.jpg
    919.9 KB · Views: 66
Reactions: Hairyman and Vostok
If you have an Evie card you can enter it's serial in the Chargefox app and use for both. (and vice versa, I believe).
I just successfully added my Chargefox RFID card number to the Evie App. Whether it successfully starts a charging session might be another matter :p but the App accepted the number!

I don’t, however, currently have a payment method set up with Evie, so it would be interesting to find out what would happen if I used the RFID.

All the card does is send a 32-bit number - if it matches the one in your account, and there is a payment system set up, you should be good to go. If Evie cards work on Chargefox, they are not checking the numbers for validity in any other way.

So I just need the 8 characters from somebody else and they will then pay for my Evie/Chargefox charging sessions?
Hmmm...

Anybody want to share their 8 characters for me to test. <grin>

Edit: Oops... I think I got the polarities reversed on that. I'd end up paying for you...

Last edited: