Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

ChargeFox EV charging Network

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla, i3, Ioniq and iPace at Toombul.
IMG_20190509_112713.jpg

Reactions: ICUDoc
Seems apropos to post this here.. Any S/X before 2019 can get the CCS adapter and electronics retrofit. Australian service centres take bookings from June 1, just got off the phone from Tesla rep at Brisbane. About $700-800, includes the adapter, so it's about the same as the CHademo adapter, but will charge at supercharger speeds on the high power chargers.

From the local Northern Tasmanian newspaper!

Power boost for electric car users

Electric car use in Tasmania will be made more convenient with the announcement of a the state's first ultra-rapid charging station to open in Campbelltown by the end of the year.

The 350 kilowatt station will be able to give an electric vehicle 200 kilometres range in only eight minutes and will be powered by 100 per cent renewable energy.

The station will be installed by Australian charging network Chargefox.

Chargefox chief executive Martin Andrews said this was a significant development in Tasmania, enabling electric vehicle drivers to more easily explore everything Tasmania has to offer.

"Campbelltown is a very strategic part of Tasmania in terms of driving - it's the midpoint of the North-South route and it unlocks regional tourism in the rest of the state," Mr Andrews said.

Mr Andrews said the new charger is the fastest available in the world which means that people can charge up their car in the time it takes to get a coffee and a snack before getting back on the road.

The Campbelltown charger is part of Chargefox's national roll-out of 22 stations.

"Chargefox has a vision that one day 100 per cent of road transport will be powered by renewable energy and from day one our ultra-rapid chargers will be accessible to all drivers," Mr Andrews said.

RACT Tasmania called on the state government to invest in electric charging stations in the upcoming 2019 - 20 state budget in their budget submission.

RACT acting group chief executive Stacey Pennicott said the introduction of these stations will allow locals and tourists to navigate Tasmania easily without experiencing "range anxiety".

"RACT Destinations properties have charging stations installed but more are needed in cities, on main highways and in rural and regional areas," Ms Pennicott said.

"To be able to have ultra-fast rapid stations across the state, and connect the state particularly for tourism, we need to see the key sites addressed."

Ms Pennicott said there were about 250 electric vehicles in Tasmania.

"Tasmania's take-up rate is not high, but certainly we are seeing some traction," Ms Pennicott said.

"Electric vehicle technology is improving, and becoming more affordable, and it likely that the number of these vehicles in Tasmania will increase in the short to medium-term."

Premier Will Hodgman said the government would work with stakeholders to improve environmental sustainability in terms of transport and that he would have more to say on the budget at a later date.

Reactions: baillies
3 Superchargers have opened within the last 30 days in NSW - Berry, Jerrys Plains & Tuggerah.
There's no way we're getting any V3 chargers anytime soon, we don't even have any V2's in Australia with the 150kW upgrade yet!

Not so sure about that re 150KW upgrade.....I plugged my Model X in to Adelaide's SC, only one there and next to transformer, on a near empty battery after coming in from Keith and I got around 130kw!

I thought this one had been open for ages, but I guess any chance for a photo with a pollie is always a good thing!

I wonder how they are going with their plan for all 22 stations complete by the end of the year? Or even 90% done by September, not looking too likely at the moment...

I thought this one had been open for ages, but I guess any chance for a photo with a pollie is always a good thing!

I wonder how they are going with their plan for all 22 stations complete by the end of the year? Or even 90% done by September, not looking too likely at the moment...

I guess they just added the new 175kW chargers. I thought the old RACV ones were at an RACV office in town and did not realise this was a resort.