Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Chargepoint Chargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It would seem that Chargepoint chargers Australia wide can no longer used via the app, though I believe they can sill be used via the RFID card
I first noticed this on the 24th of August when I went to charge at Carindale in Brisbane, and no Chargers Australia wide were showing as available via the app (they were greyed out)
A few days later they were showing as available, but a charging session could not be activated via the app
On Sunday 31st August, I rang Chargepoint while I was at the charging Station at Carindale but they could not activate a charging session at their end either
I do not have a RFID card, and when I opened a Chargepoint account about 3 months ago I applied for a RFID card, and was was informed that it would arrive in about 10 working days
When it did not arrive I rang them and was told that they no longer supplied RFID cards to Australia

It would seem that Chargepoint chargers Australia wide can no longer used via the app, though I believe they can sill be used via the RFID card
I first noticed this on the 24th of August when I went to charge at Carindale in Brisbane, and no Chargers Australia wide were showing as available via the app (they were greyed out)
A few days later they were showing as available, but a charging session could not be activated via the app
On Sunday 31st August, I rang Chargepoint while I was at the charging Station at Carindale but they could not activate a charging session at their end either
I do not have a RFID card, and when I opened a Chargepoint account about 3 months ago I applied for a RFID card, and was was informed that it would arrive in about 10 working days
When it did not arrive I rang them and was told that they no longer supplied RFID cards to Australia
Chargepoint announced a while back they're completely pulling out of Australia and their chargers will no longer be serviced: Confusion reigns as ChargePoint quietly pulls support from Australian EV chargers

If you have an IOS phone you can add your ChargePoint card to your Apple wallet and use that to initiate a charge session. At least you could last week when I last used a ChargePoint charger.

Unfortunately I don't have a ChargePoint card, and they are not issuing new ones in Australia
The article talks about using a credit card with a RFID chip but that does not work
My point was that you may not need the physical RFID card if you have an iPhone. Download the ChargePoint app from the App Store, start the app and log in with your ChargePoint account. Tap the hamburger at the top LHS of the app and select Account - Manage cards and you should see an option “Tap your iPhone to charge”. I enabled it some time back so not certain what the process is from here but it should be straight forward.
When you get to a ChargePoint charger, launch the Wallet app and you will see the Orange ChargePoint virtual card, select it then wave your iPhone in front of the RFID receiver on the ChargePoint station. It will then Authorise, beep and then unlock.
Good luck.

Last edited:
  • Helpful
Reactions: Hairyman